Taking the plunge

Brill, well done. Nice car

Looks great :sunglasses:

Look forward to 2015 and seein it out on circuit eh !!

Very nice

Well done pal,

Very nice looking car !

Nice :sunglasses:

Thanks guys, I belive it’s completely stock, im open to all improvements and mod to better the car. My knowledge is very limited at the mo.

So please share ypu thoughts on what to do to improve it.

I wish I’d done as follows:

(i) Trackday and Driver training - in either order, but I wish I’d done a Walshy day sooner as it would’ve saved me quite a bit of money in the long term. Then fit some harnesses. And a baffled sump.
(ii) Suspension - I’ve got JRZ one ways on mine but the biggest improvement I’ve done is fitting uprated rear toe links. It’s a different car on turn in and adjustability now.
(iii) more driver training. I need to book another Walshy day.
(iv) 260 upgrade. Makes such a difference (even on a 240 car like mine)
(v) Exhaust, induction - 2bular for me - Jim will make you what you like be it noisy or quiet, TRD filter.
(vi) more driver training…

Instead, I did loud exhaust first along with sump pretty much straight after I bought the car, a few trackdays quickly, Walshy day, more power, suspension.

Drive it lots, then drive it some more in all the ways you want to exploit it. For a road and occasional trackday car it’s pretty accomplished straight outta the box.

I’d try and experience some other developed cars to contrast against what you’ve learned. Handling, brakes, power, aero, bling,…there is opportunity to throw money at any or all of the above.

Yeah and do a Walshy day, it’s like a compulsory induction into Lotus ownership.

I’m in a similar boat I’ve only had mine since the end of July.

So far ive upgraded the brakes all round with bigger fronts and better pads, new brake hoses, engine mount inserts, exhaust, trd kit, pro alloy intercooler and pipes, secondary air feeds, droplinks and a decent tidy up.

The rad, stainless tow eye and 260 are the next on my hit list before summer

Wow thanks for the over load guys, that will give me plenty to research then :slight_smile: so what’s this walshy day ?? Is it were I can find the cars limits or something ?.

Baffled sump is defo on the list along with harnesses and exhaust. TRD airbox is the way to go on induction then is it ?.

Just on standard brakes what’s the best pads to go for ?

Keep reading about this pro alloy intercooler, what’s the benefit for this guys

Just drive it. Lots! :slight_smile:

Don’t worry bud I plan on it haha. Can’t wait till spring to get out on some tracks :slight_smile:

Is there any discount codes for elise shop.com

Click this… sorted :sunglasses:

Is there still plenty of space

Yup, over a 1/3 gone already, but plenty of space right now. I anticipate that they’ll go quickly in the new year.

Setup a BaT account, pm me your login and I’ll get you added to the list if you do wanna come.

OK sweet bud, just watched some vids. Track looks beautiful

It’s totally awesome. It’s typically the best trackday of the year.

Does it have to be paid in full ??