Taking the plunge

And bloody heavy!!!
As john says these SC Toyota cars can empty a silencer of its packing material quite quickly!!
Before I fitted the ‘proper system’, my first exhaust was empty after about half an hour on track and one dyno session of about 1 hour
I have two silencers on the car now (both within the bodywork) The first one uses stainless wire wool and the second the expensive acoustafil (not sure if that right) stuff.
I now repack the first silencer once every 3-4 track days (only needs a top up now and again) The second silencer gets topped up every 2-3 track days, but these are usually 200-250 miles per day!!!

Use a tullett made repackable one here, the Larini one I had died and turned into a megaphone

Thanks bud, yer I guess your right !! It’s much nicer to look at than the plastic one :slight_smile:

Thanks to all of you guys for your answers.

Still ain’t got a clue witch one to.get hahaha

There is no right or wrong choice, if trackdays are your choice, now I would stick with 260hp and a standard box, much cheaper and not much less performance, put your money in brakes and suspension along with a heavy dose of driver training LOL

Yeah you are right ade, shame that we spend all this money first though before we reach this conclusion :laughing:
Mind you I did think the after market exhausts sounded ace, but on a journey longer than an hour I started too hate them.

My latest 2bular does not drone at all and is quieter than I have had before, with the second bolt on silencer for quiet days it also menas I can go anywhere any day now :wink:

Is that the double decker one ade ?

This is the thing though getting back to the weight issue probably not much lighter than the stock exhaust. I might be wrong here but the reason the stock exhaust is so heavy is because of the amount of sound deadening material needed, hence that is why the lighter exhaust with less packing blows it out quicker.
I am talking about s/c car’s up to 260, the only exhaust that didn’t leave fibre elements on the rear of my car was the standard one.
Just hope I have not upset any one by posting up my experience with my car :blush:

Firstly, congrats on the new car, there’s nothing wrong with the ‘old’ style dash :clap:

Secondly, on the exhaust dilemma - my car came with the standard ‘Stage/Level 1’ box which I felt was a bit too quiet, so I opted to give another box a try and bought a lightly used ‘Stage/Level 3’. It was certainly characterful, with plenty of pops and bangs, and I never really got bothered by the alleged drone, but at every service I’ve had with it fitted it was pointed out that the packing was breaking up, and on the last drive I had, I’m pretty sure it cried its last cry as the drone became very apparent. So I’ve had in my mind that I’ll be trying a 2bular next. The other half has had a 2bular on both her last Lotus’ (both S/Cs), and they’ve sounded great to me, and no problems were had even as a result of multiple track days.

Whilst the sensible thing to do would be to put my Stage 1 back on, it’ll disappoint me sound wise, and I’ve had plenty of time in an Elise/Exige with a 2bular, so I plan on getting one done in time for Anglesey. I’ll run it in on the way there :thumbup:

Thanks for all that info and experience pal, im petting sure ill go for 2bular. Just can believe the packing blows out, waist of £500 if ya ask me lol

Well guys hopefully pic my car up Monday or Tuesday, as it’s just having the oil cooler recall being done :slight_smile: happy days.

Well guys got me car today :slight_smile: wow what a macmachine. Had the best day ever and the sun shined all day for me

Yup fantastic day for an Exige today,…well done.

The permanent grin…, it lasts a long time :smiley:

Oh and get some pics up,…chop chop!

Iv been trying pal, any idea how to get them off ya phone onto here. Iv got a galaxy note 3 ???

2014-12-06 16.49.35.jpg

Keep trying :smiley:

I’m going to smash the phone up in a minute

Congrats on the purchase.

Easy way to put up pictures is by setting a photobucket account up or similar and then once uploaded to there copy the img link into the reply box.

I’ve used photobucket for years and now they have a mobile app it makes it extremely easy

OK sweet bud ill look into it :wink:

Booooom

Finally got there haha