Suspension upgrades??

Fine so I think (depending total cost) a good solution could be go with 46mm 1 ways, with rebound set for fav tracks. But still have the ability to wind em off 2 click for the wet and wind em totally off to keep the Mrs happy.

T

Sounds good to me.

I always find my road setting works well in the wet on track,

Thread is dead - RIP :cry:

Can’t believe no one has mentioned tyre pressures.
These need to be adjusted to suit circumstances too and obviously work hand in hand with damper settings. Also on a track day tyre pressures need to be checked when tyre is up to operating temperature. Most are quite amazed at how much the air in a hot tyre expands, and just how much you need to put back in before the drive home.

[quote=Benja]

Get yourself booked in for Donny next month, I’m sure there will be a few variants there to get a pax in… [/quote]

What event is this one?

I might pop along for a look & a ride. Could be good research for me.

Cheers.

Here you go clicky

Hope to see you there, only a few weeks to go now!

[quote=Benja]Here you go clicky

Hope to see you there, only a few weeks to go now! [/quote]

Thanks very much for that. Sadly, it’s half term week & I’ll be sunning myself in Spain, otherwise I would be there. Cheers for the assistance though.

Yup my missus was quick to realise that I was pissing off for a trackday during half term when she turned the calendar over to Oct :smiley:

[quote=Exige77]I’m running 46mm Ohlins 2 ways.

Been very pleased with them both on and off track.

Thye are getting on for 5 years old and no probs to report.

Ex77 [/quote]

Have you had to have them serviced in that time?

[quote=stevegreen][quote=Exige77]I’m running 46mm Ohlins 2 ways.

Ex77 [/quote]

Have you had to have them serviced in that time? [/quote]

I’ve had my 2-way 46’s since 06’. They are coming off the car this winter to be serviced for the very first time and its not because they need to be serviced (the car still feels good), I just thought it probably be best to give them a bit of attention with an oil change and some new springs. I have worked them hard in the last 5 years and they have performed for me without fault…

Consider as well that the 46mm ohlins were originally for much heavier GT cars than ours, so subsequently they are not maxing out on design under the full load of a lotus Elise based car…

I’ve bleated on about this time and time before but suspension is one thing that you really do see the benefits of spending that little bit more on. There is a lot of bolt on crap that will do absolutely nothing to the outright performance of the car in terms of going, stopping and cornering better which a good set of dampers will address all three in one foul swoop.

Irrespective of which version of Toyota based car you have - na, s/c, Elise/Exige/2-11 there are 3 things I would advise spending your money on for the fast road/track day driver. Each one on their own will transform the car in that area and any further work you do to the car will only serve to compliment what you have already done.

1. A decent set of discs on the front like AP, PF, Alcon etc. You dont need to go too mad, 295’s are more than adequate. The standard rears are fine they do very little work, and put some good pads in all round.

2. A Torsen type diff such as TRD or Quaife ATB (I think that’s the only thing Quaife mke that is worth having and it has a life time warranty). The standard open diff is terrible and so much power and control of the rear of the car is lost though the inside wheel spinning up…

3. The very best suspension you can afford, yes it may be more than you want to spend but in the long run it pays off and come resale time you will have people biting your hands-off for them…

Gav

Gav - after the few laps at Spa last week, which I had with you & your 211, what you say above is crap!

The driver is the most important factor, & you’re my hero! :smiley:

Get the basics right pesky and everything else falls easily into place…

:slight_smile:

[quote=TarmacTerrorist]Get the basics right pesky and everything else falls easily into place…

:slight_smile:[/quote]

Now you’re just being uber modest.

PS Curry on 10th November in Whitley?

Yes, yes!! :wink:

Time for your diff Pesky ??
:smiley:

[quote=stevegreen][quote=Exige77]I’m running 46mm Ohlins 2 ways.

Ex77 [/quote]

Have you had to have them serviced in that time? [/quote]

Just had the 46mm Ohlins I bought off Tal serviced/repaired by Aurok. IMO upon arrival they were in shocking condition possibly couldn’t of been any worse, which was no wonder he didn’t post pictures… Springs almost entirely rusted, I had new fitted but could have gone for powder coating. Bodies anodised as also rusted. Two end eyes replaced, a new hose, seal rebound adjusters and knobs, ball joints, spec changed from Plans to JSR and some other little bits and bobs. Cost was �1k, service was excellent and now they look like new…BRAND new! Like Gav my 36mm Ohlins still look and work like new after being on my car and Evo’s for a few 4 or so years now.

Coolio - it’s in me diary! :sunglasses:

[quote=jfk]Time for your diff Pesky ??
:smiley: [/quote]

Nah - not going to make any difference to my crap driving ability, as recent outings have confirmed!

anyone used the 46mm ohlins on S1?