Suspension upgrades??

What’s the best upgrade out there for a s2 Exige S?

Wanting it for track work, & been looking at the Nitron NTR set up with Steve GuglielmI. Any experiences or thoughts out there??

been looking at quantums myself, setup by track-club

I think JSRacings own spec Ohlins kit is one of the most highly regarded out there.

JSR Clicky

depends on budget :wink:

1000 to 1500 gets you some NTR style one ways
1500 to 2500 gets you Nitron 46mms or 36mm 2 way Ohlins
2500 to 4000 gets you Nitron 46mm 3 way or 46mm 2 way Ohlins

Pays your money and takes your chance

I have 46mm One way Nitrons and I recon they are 80 - 90% as good as a 46mm 2 way Ohlin for half the price

Speak to the boys at JSR they will advise on best set-up based on your requirments/budget etc

[quote=chrisexigegt]depends on budget :wink:

1000 to 1500 gets you some NTR style one ways
1500 to 2500 gets you Nitron 46mms or 36mm 2 way Ohlins
2500 to 4000 gets you Nitron 46mm 3 way or 46mm 2 way Ohlins

Pays your money and takes your chance

I have 46mm One way Nitrons and I recon they are 80 - 90% as good as a 46mm 2 way Ohlin for half the price [/quote]

Lol how would you know cheap skate :smiley: 46mm 2 way JSR Spec Ohlin Rebuilds…that would be Chris’s latter :smiley:

Cheers guys. I’ll speak to JSR before committing I think. I certainly wasn’t thinking of spending more than �1500!

Would the NTR set up transform the car??

Nitron NTR 46 1 ways start at �1295 +vat for the Toyota S2.
Add �100.00 if you want Eibach springs.
At this price you can have valving/springs in Fast road/track day or Trackday pro spec.

For �1390+vat you can have full race spec (again +�100 for eibach springs).

If budget is a rteal issue then the NTR 40MM are still available at about �100 per set less

Have a look here
http://www.seriouslylotus.com/index.php/suspension-and-steering/nitron.html

[quote=C1RVY]Cheers guys. I’ll speak to JSR before committing I think. I certainly wasn’t thinking of spending more than �1500!

Would the NTR set up transform the car?? [/quote]

You have a PM

Guys, an odd question from a non-technical guy here.

Obviously, Ohlins are the way to go if you can justify it.

What is so special about them, & what difference would they make to a car like the Exige?

Cheers

Just wrote an essay and then deleted it as I cant be arsed dealing with the grief I will get. haha.

JSR now have a one way adjustable 46mm Ohlins set for S2’s that are nicer than standard dampers on the road and give you 90% of what you would want in a race damper for the track (yes they are that good!!) at a twist of the adjuster. I have had them on my S2 for about three months now and they are bloody fantastic.

Not sure on price, John is your man for that, but he left for Spa today and not back until Monday.

I’m running 46mm Ohlins 2 ways.

Been very pleased with them both on and off track.

Thye are getting on for 5 years old and no probs to report.

Ex77

Going to have a set of 2nd hand one way Nitrons for sale soon 425/550 spring rates and 15k miles old, might be a cheap way to better suspension?

Nicely done Ade :wink:

My quick track rating for dampers based on experience

Standard Bilstiens - 2-3 out of 10 :sick:
36mm 2 way Ohlins (std springs) - 6 out of 10 :confused:
46mm 1 way Nitrons (uprated springs) - 7-8 out of 10 :slight_smile:
46mm 1 way JSR Spec Ohlins - 8-9 out of 10 :smiley:
46mm TTX Ohlins - at a guess 9-10 out of 10 :smiley: and 10K to buy :astonished:

If your budget is around �1500 then good s/H dampers (Ade’s) or 46mm Nitrons is your best bet. You might pick up some S/H 36mm Ohlins for around that but they are like Unicorn droppings and will probably need re springing as well which will push you over the �1500 limit. Don’t forget to factor in fitting, geo etc :wink:

All IMHO :wink:

So how much for JSR spec Ohlins?

John is the man for that and he’s at Spa until Mon/Tues next week

As a guide new 36mm 2 way Ohlins are between 2.5k and 3k.

The JSR 46mm one ways are less than Chris’s prices above, but there is a 2 at the front.

The TTX damper ends up veeeerrrry expensive…I looked into these after Gav recommended them in a previous thread. New 36mm Ohlins are about �650 a corner and 46mm are about �750. I think both are plus springs and VAT.

Edit to say…surprised nobody’s turned this into the Ohlins vs Nitron thread yet :smiley: classy stuff!

So, from the comments above, Ohlins would seem to need to be twice as good as the Nitrons, to justify that cost, or am I missing something. I’m no demon driver, so I guess the Nitron NTR would be ok for me. At about �1000 brand new, they seem sensible as an upgrade for me, unless again, I’m missing something.

What would Ohlins provide that Nitrons wouldn’t??