S1- S2K

That is where I am heading now, I am going to get a pair and try to fit them, sadly I don’t have access to CNC machines so i will be winging it a bit :wink:

Get your order in, 2 week lead time!! Thought they would be a stock item :frowning:

engine came back from vapour blasting today.
back on the cnc to drill out the head bolts for larger items (would have done this the last time it was on the machine but we had to have a roll tap ordered up as there wasnt one off the shelf)

then down to the fab shop, block heated up, o-rings fitted, plenty of extra special sealer as i dont trust just the o-rings, and the liners are dropped into place

then the jig tophats are placed into the bores and the whole lot is clamped down hella tight!

will leave this to go off over night, then it will come off, go back on the machine for block facing, it will have its deck plate fitted and have its final bore and hone.

great pics, awesome build

Nothing to report other than the spot calipers arrived today…

just waiting for darren to find time on the cnc machine to get things done!

another quick update tonight, finally managed to finish off designing the rear uprights. just need to get some new handbrake cables made up to fit with the new spot calipers.

managed to get the sc bracket made today. quick trial fit on the engine to check its all ok. clears the manifold by a nats arse. skill…or fluke? deffinatly the latter me thinks. lol

this looks amazing crafted!!!

very cool

CNC machine programmed, material bought in, just waiting for some time on the machine now…

And we have an upright :slight_smile:

Nice :sunglasses:

sweet

looks like ou just reach into the laptop screen n pulled it out :smiley:

Will these be available to buy? as I had a rear tow link bolt snap under single shear once at speed :sick:

Not sure yet, I’m probably going to have 5 sets made eventually after we have tested them on my car. Then it’s up to Darren what he/TTS do after that. They would be mad not to as all the hard works been done in the design already.

I’d buy one to put on me mantlepiece! :wink:

I’m interested in the uprights especially the rear for an S1 since finding aluminium uprights from an Elise is very difficult.

Not sure how long it’s going to take to get S1 uprights done, again it’s up to Darren/TTS if they even go down the supply route after the batch of 5 sets we are doing. i am doing my best to convince them as i think there is a decent market for them if they prove successful on my car.

Eliseparts do them for S1 and S2 if you didn’t already know. I’ve had the S2 race ones on my S1 for a while now and they work beautifully.

Eliseparts do them for S1 and S2 if you didn’t already know. I’ve had the S2 race ones on my S1 for a while now and they work beautifully. [/quote]

Nice, but too expensive for most.