S1- S2K

Top thread mate :sunglasses:

It’s exciting! Have given Darren the cash for the stroker kit that he’s collecting in the week, plus he’s already redesigned the new main engine mount which will now be solid billet.

Parts… :slight_smile:

wowwww…nice

Who’s the stroker kit from ? - 2.2 ?

[quote=DaveP]
Who’s the stroker kit from ? - 2.2 ? [/quote]

from clockwise. yes it’s 2.2

started designing the new bracket take the larger c38 supercharger. have a done a quick overlay model but need to print this off and just offer it up on the engine tomorrow to check the bigger blower clears the manifold.

did a quick mockup to check it would clear the manifold. had to rotate it slightly but no big deal. design is finalised, material orderd. hoping to cut some brackets as soon as i have a spare slot on one of the cnc’s

nice looking work!

I wish i had access to kit like that…

another small update, got the new front uprights designed.

includes mods to ride height and front camber alterations. they weigh in at 1287grams…so a slight improvement on the stock steel ones :slight_smile:

Just following this on SELOC also and noticed that the comany that powder coated your wishbones realitymotorworks also appear to have done the chassis for the Farboud:

I would never have thought the unit they work from would have been big enough!

Ah - and I thought it may have been part of the reason you chose them in the first place!

No they were recommended after I asked on pistonheads if anyone knew a good powdercoater in the Bristol area.

managed to get the steering arms drawn up this morning in between other jobs.

orginal steel uprights on my crappy scales show as 2.6kg, the the original steering arm is 478 grams. so just under 3.1kg per upright with no bolts or bearing packs ect.

the new uprights are showing as 1.287 kg and the steering arm weighs in at 265grams. so 1.552 kg all in.

quite chuffed with that :slight_smile: almost exactly half the weight (y)

just going to jump on the cnc and make a start on cutting a supercharger bracket :slight_smile:

Nice project. Wish I have this kind of skill

Rear upright design underway, will change a bit though…

[quote=osmond1]Rear upright design underway, will change a bit though…

[/quote]

What are you going to use as a handbrake caliper?

1 Like

Hi spec spot caliper.