Rear wing replacement.

Are Plans still producing these?

Is that not a Reverie wing with Plans pylons…or maybe Plans pylons with a Reverie wing…I think they are in cahoots

Is that not a Reverie wing with Plans pylons…or maybe Plans pylons with a Reverie wing…I think they are in cahoots

Nope that’s an S1 wing, with different mounting points Also, the Plans pylons were actually developed by/for Dean Lanzante, initially for use on Holly Mason’s S2 Exige

Nope that’s an S1 wing, with different mounting points Also, the Plans pylons were actually developed by/for Dean Lanzante, initially for use on Holly Mason’s S2 Exige

So putting Holly Mason’s S2 Exige to one side is that Reverie making that poorly mega flexy mounted S1 wing for Plans then mate ? I actually don’t know but putting 2 and 2 together…

So putting Holly Mason’s S2 Exige to one side is that Reverie making that poorly mega flexy mounted S1 wing for Plans then mate ? I actually don’t know but putting 2 and 2 together…

No, it is not a Reverie wing. It is the same as an S1 Motorsport Wing (ie 1200mm* albeit with different different mounting points). If you want one (�600 plus P&P)let me know

• Don’t know if that meets LOTRDC rules for S2 (It does for S1 in modified).

No, it is not a Reverie wing. It is the same as an S1 Motorsport Wing (ie 1200mm* albeit with different different mounting points). If you want one (�600 plus P&P)let me know

• Don’t know if that meets LOTRDC rules for S2 (It does for S1 in modified).

That’s not my point is that a Reverie wing?

That’s not my point is that a Reverie wing?

Once again - Reverie DID NOT MAKE the wings fitted to Holly’s, Tarmac Terrorist’s, or Jimbers45’s S2 Exiges - photos of which are in the archives here somewhere.

Neither did Reverie they make the carbon wings fitted to the S1s of a number of the members here They were made by the same firm as the S2 wings I mention above.

For the record, I think the quality of the products made by Reverie is fantastic, albeit out of my price range.

The problem* with the S2 wing (oem or other) is simply down to the way it is attached to the car ie the engine cover.Get it fixed to the chassis, & it’s a different story.

• read “inefficiency”

Hope that clears it up, dude.

Yep mate you’re in the know clearly- probably…just making the sums…but I think you’re arguement about “zero” difference downforce on that wing is wrong. Only from what I’ve been told of course…WHICH IS…it will make a difference

…but I think you’re arguement about “zero” difference downforce on that wing is wrong. Only from what I’ve been told of course…WHICH IS…it will make a difference

I didn’t say zero downforce, did I? It will make a lot of difference to …drag

If that wing is attached in the same manner as the oem, it’ll be a waste of time, & flex like buggery on its mountings. Although the “Plans” solution mounts the wing (exactly same as an S1 wing, but with different mount positions), they also use a strengthening plate to the engine cover. Only proper solution to get downforce is to mount the wing through the rear clam - but that won’t comply with LOTRDC unless you go into “modified”.

I think it would be VERY difficult to set up the wing to produce definable downforce without a true idea about the ‘relative airflow’ at the rear of the car.

A wings lift (downforce if upside down!) is determined by the ‘angle of attack’ AOA is where the lift comes from. Typically this is zero lift at 0 degrees AOA, rising to a maximum at about 16 deg AOA.

The AOA is the angle between the ‘mean chord line’ of the wing, ie: a straight line drawn from the centre of the leading edge of the wing to the trailing edge, and the relative air flow.

Relative air flow in ‘free stream air’, ie: air with no local disturbance is quite simple to work out. However the way this is modified as a function of the interaction with the cars bodywork ahead of the wing would be tough to work out without the services of a low speed wind tunnel (Ha Ha!!).

Crudely you could either set up stream smoke generation from another car ahead to look at this.

The speed of the car will also affect this lift, and this will also vary as a function of the AOA. Ideally a movable wing would be used! However as we need to have the wing fixed, the speed at which we wish it to work at its best needs to be chosen. If I recall, on the S1, this was chosen at 100 mph and producing circa 100 lbs lift (downforce)

I think the only way will be to have the wing fitted with a very sturdy mount (not like the factory standard S2 effort), and have that adjustable. Trial and error will be the way ahead… unless you have a means to measure this lift (spring balance!!!)

Looking at the LOT cars, there does indeed seem to be quite a lot of variation… I would set mine up like those at the front!

Crudely you could either set up stream smoke generation from another car ahead to look at this.

Or just follow an old smokey S1 along the straight !!!

Yeah, cos it’ll never get round a corner without LSD, or a Dimplex radiator stuck on top of the engine

Pete, could you not interpolate the angle from the graphs on the reverie site?

Do we really consider this to make a real difference?

If the mount is not solid surely any real benefit is compromised?

I am looking at the OEM unit and thinking thats mainly cosmetic.

And to get a performing wing on an S2 is going to take some clam cutting.

Pete, could you not interpolate the angle from the graphs on the reverie site?

Technical Data | Reverie Ltd >

That is REALLY good gen there! Yes you could!

I think the main point has also been made, that unlike the S1 wing the S2 wing is really cosmetic and the mountings must be made so the wing remains at the same AOA at all speeds and driving forces.

Judging the AOA will be tough, but yes I think there is enough data there… a bloody good link!

Pity they do not do a wing for the S1 though!!!

Really glad that you have recognised that the S2 will be following the S1!!! even IF it is smoking!

Really glad that you have recognised that the S2 will be following the S1!!! even IF it is smoking!

I think what Jonny was saying is that overtaking in fog is VERY dangerous no matter how easy it may be

PMSL

any joy with the maddog diffuser that was on your shopping list back in '06?