Question for s2 exigers with uprated intercooler?

Now your just being silly, I have not said a Forge is better. I would not as I have no idea.
What I know is the Forge is a very good bit of kit, I also know it gives good results over standard and against the one test we did on a lotus sport IC the LS IC did not give the results a Forge consistently has.
You said the MMG is a better core than the Forge, all I asked was do you have the results or the info to back that up? I am guessing not by your reply so probably better not to say it is. Other than that tell us why its better.
My guess is it will no doubt give similar results to the Forge. I am not falling out with anyone here, but some people get sucked straight into things posted on forums.

Oh no !! My dads only 5’.8 , he’s very efficient though :slight_smile:

PMSL :slight_smile:

The question is has he had any specific training etc ??? :smiley:

To be honest I haven’t seen any independent data ( and that’s the only data I believe ) on the forge or other intercoolers back to back/ same car / same day .
I have not seen any flow/heat transfer charts on the forge to show the reason why it’s better than a �3000 patented aerospace technology core that forge must have tested to claim they have used the best !

I don’t have an Intercooler so not getting involved, but please tell me you didn’t spend �3000 on I/C :crazy:

Obviously a theoretical example :wink:

[quote=moomin]Obviously a theoretical example :wink:
[/quote]
Phew LOL :smiley:

I might try this , have you got data ? [/quote]

Seriously stop it.
Lol.

The question is has he had any specific training etc ??? :smiley: [/quote]
He drives a Williams FW18 on his days off so he’s big daddy to me , lol

NA ROCKS :sunglasses:

…but not as much as Williams FW18 UBER :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

… Your’ just jelous because you have no bits on your engine that are worth getting into a forum bun fight about!!! :smiley:

BTW, does NA do ANYTHING meaningful other than ROCK! :smiley:

[quote=moomin]To be honest I haven’t seen any independent data ( and that’s the only data I believe ) on the forge or other intercoolers back to back/ same car / same day .
I have not seen any flow/heat transfer charts on the forge to show the reason why it’s better than a �3000 patented aerospace technology core that forge must have tested to claim they have used the best ! [/quote]

Oh dear, were not talking about that one though were you…

The fact your now going on about how tall your dad is shows that you clearly cannot back up why the MMG stage one is the best core you can get so I am wasting my breath.

A good test would be on track with a spanner who can swap intercoolers quickly.

Stock Intercooler - do a 10 minute session & record temps/speeds.
Pit, fit the Forge - do a 10 minute session & record temps/speeds.
Pit, fit the MMC - do a 10 minute session & record temps/speeds.

I would imagine the back straights at Bedford would be a good test for heak soak.

Same car same dyno etc. with a large front facing fan

3 pulls in 6th from 2k rpm to full power create a temp chart for each.

I would suggest using a car that generates suitable charge temps for the test, so a car running around 300hp would do.

(bringing your Dad’s is optional) :whistle:

Could have supplied the fan,but,just sold the plane … :smiley: :smiley:

I might try this , have you got data ? [/quote]I timed it with my I-Phone, I can’t afford a V-box… :smiley:

[quote=Boothy][quote=moomin]To be honest I haven’t seen any independent data ( and that’s the only data I believe ) on the forge or other intercoolers back to back/ same car / same day .
I have not seen any flow/heat transfer charts on the forge to show the reason why it’s better than a �3000 patented aerospace technology core that forge must have tested to claim they have used the best ! [/quote]

Oh dear, were not talking about that one though were you…

The fact your now going on about how tall your dad is shows that you clearly cannot
back up why the MMG stage one is the best core you can get so I am wasting my breath.
[/quote]
Sorry I used it as an example , I’m talking about any intercooler, your not wasting your breath realy but if we are talking about data and cores, let’s also see the forge data they must have on the 100s of cores with huge price and efficiency differences on the car they used to come up with the best option , not unless we are talking forge only tested the intercooler cores forge use .
You keep saying forge tested this and that , what did they test and where is the data ? Surly data can’t only apply to MMG intercoolers !

[quote=moomin] Sorry I used it as an example , I’m talking about any intercooler, your not wasting your breath realy but if we are talking about data and cores, let’s also see the forge data they must have on the 100s of cores with huge price and efficiency differences on the car they used to come up with the best option , not unless we are talking forge only tested the intercooler cores forge use .
You keep saying forge tested this and that , what did they test and where is the data ? Surly data can’t only apply to MMG intercoolers ! [/quote]

Clearly I don’t have Forge’s data. I spoke at length with Forge when I got mine, they use various types of core depending on the application.
As I said they tested various different core designs before settling on the one they used for this application. Nobody has ever said they tested against anyone elses cores other than the lotus OEM one and nobody has ever said the Forge one is better.
Data does not only apply to the MMG one, I am not sure where you get this from and why this is now going on and on and on. But you said:-

[quote=moomin]MMG has two types of intercooler now , stage one is this one http://www.radtec.co.uk/index.php?p0=detail&id=484&cpid=17&cid=176&partNo=RLEX1
This is a better core than the forge for the same money .
[/quote]

That IMO is not just a throw away comment you can make when you are advising someone on what they should spend their hard earned on with out being able to explain why or having some kind of information to back it up.

[quote=ade]Same car same dyno etc. with a large front facing fan

3 pulls in 6th from 2k rpm to full power create a temp chart for each.

I would suggest using a car that generates suitable charge temps for the test, so a car running around 300hp would do.

(bringing your Dad’s is optional) :whistle: [/quote]
I’m up for that , track would be better , now who has a 300hp Exige that’s running an intercooler at the mo mmmmmmm!