Question for s2 exigers with uprated intercooler?

Lol, No claims had been made about the performance of the intercooler , just that it is a better quality core than the forge for the same money and it is , I don’t work for MMG so I don’t have data , I know MMG has been testing the stage one with good results so I’m sure data will be available soon .
People can buy what they want I’m not bothered , just pointing out other options from a company I have used .

Pro alloy charge cooler will fit with the struts in place, it is however a bit more expensive and harder to fit than an air to air cooler, but there are benefits against the cost as well :wink:

I’m actually testing the MMG stage 1 intercooler right now back to back against the Forge jobbie. Results along shortly.

All I can say is that the MMG one has been designed specifically to offer the best performance upgrade over the “competition”. From what I can see of the core and construction the MMG one certainly looks to be the better option.

For more info and exact design / construction details please call Liam at MMG.

Ok not sure how from sight there could be a better performing option? confused I am… Wait till you have the real data to show the gains, it would also be good to see details on time taken to get heat soaked and then get rid of all the heat?

[quote=DrTroy]Nice one, what does a better core equate to? More performance? Soz for the stoopid question.

What does the stage 2 have over the stage 1? [/quote]
The better the core the better the cooling to keep the power you have , also the less restrictive the core is the better the flow from the supercharger and that can give more power .
The stage two has a F1 quality core used in high end motorsport and jet fighters , again no claims on performance , I have one and hope to get data on it soon .

Sounds good, just need someone to make an intake manifold for the Katana :slight_smile:

[quote=DrTroy]Nice one, what does a better core equate to? More performance? Soz for the stoopid question.

What does the stage 2 have over the stage 1? [/quote]

The MMG Stage 2 has better flow rates (less restrictive) over the Stage 1 and generally speaking is a step up in both performance and weight (Stage 2 ic is lighter). The Stage 2 is aimed at those that want the ultimate in performance and generally speaking would suit race applications.

In terms of pricing including other brands it looks something like this:

Forge intercooler - �535 to �600 depending on reseller
MMG Stage 1 intercooler - Approx �700 (exact price TBC)
MMG Stage 2 intercooler - Approx �2,500 (exact price TBC)
MMG Chargecooler (complete kit inc heatshield and uprated full size front rad) - �1,450
Pro alloy chargecooler - �1,600 (exc rads)

Fair point but I’m going to stick my chin out here (and obviously get it knocked off). Whenever i’ve had the chance to look at an uninstalled ic I’ve always blown through it to see how easily air can pass through the intercooler body and onto my hand the other side. It’s obviously by no means scientific but you’d be amazed at how little air you feel when blowing through the standard ic compared to say an uprated ic. MMG’s stage 1 is very good, as for their stage 2 ic it’s almost as though you are just blowing air directly onto your hand with nothing at all in the way - it feels like there is nothing there!

Anyway, for proper testing i will be seeing how long both the competition’s ic and MMG’s stage 1 take to heat soak and once soaked how long they take to clear again.

Ade (and anyone else) - do you have any specific suggestions for testing? should these tests be done staionary and at say, 25 mph and 50 mph? suggestions please.

What about the Lotus MotorSport Intercoler!

Just fitted mine…

And after last nights ruby and Nannn, you could feel a fart blow through it! :smiley:

Would I be right in saying that the intercooler shroud is glued on to the intercooler? How easy is it to remove?

With a bit of elbow grease it should “pop” off. Worse case scenario get the wife’s hairdryer out and heatup the join before working it loose.

[quote=moomin]Lol, No claims had been made about the performance of the intercooler , just that it is a better quality core than the forge for the same money and it is , I don’t work for MMG so I don’t have data , I know MMG has been testing the stage one with good results so I’m sure data will be available soon .
People can buy what they want I’m not bothered , just pointing out other options from a company I have used . [/quote]

But how can you say its a better quality core without testing? More confused than Ade I am.

Whiteysback, I thought you had a CC installed? How are you doing the back to back tests out of interest? what kit are you using and are you doing the tests on the same day with same conditions.
With your car being mapped to the CC is it safe using the IC’s?

Forge bought an exige S to do all of their own development work on the car and did weeks of testing using different design cores. Mine is a work of art.

Boothy

I agree, people need to be careful when they start stating this is better than that, if they have no facts to back it up. Personally I think Peskys valve caps are over rated and the ones I stole off the floor at a local quick fit will do a better job in the corners!!!

My car is .00000001% faster with out valve caps so there…

Sean is a thief! it is now official… :wink:

Ok then everyone buy a forge it’s ace ! " face/bothered" lol

I might try this , have you got data ?

Less unsprung weight obviously :wink:

Interested :sunglasses:

Lol…love it. That’s what makes this forum so great, the absolute “my dads bigger than yours” passion for each persons pride and joy!

I’d have had a tenner bet with anyone that either JFK or Boothy would come out fighting. Guys all the uprated ic’s are an improvement over standard easily.