Northern Christmas Lunch?

Apologies to Thommo and all the regulars as i may have to miss out this year. The Mrs is at work that day and Sherman doesn’t look too keen on the journey :frowning:

We’ll have a fun at home day instead :mrgreen:

Aww . . . that’s a shame, Tim.
If you change your mind and the list fills up, I’m sure the obliging lady at The Plough could squeeze you in (fnarr fnarr!)

Thanks Steve :slight_smile:

Hi fellas,
Have no internet at home at the moment thanks to a combination of BT and TalkTalk so responses to confirmations/ food orders for our outing might be a bit slow. I’m online at work today and tomorrow(Sat)
Will try to check on here as and when. Will have to rely on internet at my local for the weekend(!) :unamused:

Beef burger for me please Thommo :slight_smile:

OK Steve will update

Checked out The Plough at Lupton(LA6 1PJ) and looks a good bet. Big car park. Youngest son rates it and he’s a fussy bugger.
So, see website: theploughatlupton.co.uk for winter menu. It’s not bargain basement but very good quality I am assured.
I have provisionally booked for Tues, December 29 at 1pm. Table for 12.
We will need to provide choices in advance for starters and main courses from the winter menus, as above.
It worked reasonably well last year at Ravenstonedale except for the one last minute non-attendee whose meal I had to pay for.
Once the 12 slots are filled, anyone else who wants to turn up on the day is more than welcome but will have to take their chances on food availability as I expect it will be busy.
Names, and choices, below, please:

1, Thommo (Bavette Steak)
2. Gav 21GG (burger & creme brulee)
3, Ishy (The burger please but… without the lettuce, tomato, gherkin & with a side order of onion rings!)
4, sjw
5, Tony Pearman (Burger)
6, SimonE, (Burger)
7, ad_S, (Bavette Steak)
8, 6970K, (Burger)

Well, done, fellas, thanks for your support . . . coming along nicely

Noticed that all bar have gone for just main course so will drop my starter and maybe order pud instead on the day.

Can you put me down for a Burger please Steve.

Have a good one fella’s :thumbup:

Aah, the Chris Froome diet! :laughing:

Good point Rob, maybe I should take the healthy option and give the gherkin a miss :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope everything good at your end, believe there is some cracking road riding in that neck of the woods so its on my to do list, wonder if Thommo has a few weeks spare…

Any space for another ? aka M7 EXG on NYLOC plus A.N.Other

I’ll already be en route to Keswick and could do a detour and have a quick Collie Wobbles in the Watermill aswell :slight_smile:

Would be 2 x burgers pls

Checked out The Plough at Lupton(LA6 1PJ) and looks a good bet. Big car park. Youngest son rates it and he’s a fussy bugger.
So, see website: theploughatlupton.co.uk for winter menu. It’s not bargain basement but very good quality I am assured.
I have provisionally booked for Tues, December 29 at 1pm. Table for 12.
We will need to provide choices in advance for starters and main courses from the winter menus, as above.
It worked reasonably well last year at Ravenstonedale except for the one last minute non-attendee whose meal I had to pay for.
Once the 12 slots are filled, anyone else who wants to turn up on the day is more than welcome but will have to take their chances on food availability as I expect it will be busy.
Names, and choices, below, please:

1, Thommo (Bavette Steak)
2. Gav 21GG (burger & creme brulee)
3, Ishy (The burger please but… without the lettuce, tomato, gherkin & with a side order of onion rings!)
4, sjw
5, Tony Pearman (Burger)
6, SimonE, (Burger)
7, ad_S, (Bavette Steak)
8, 6970K, (Burger)
9, Steve, (Burger)
10, S1Exige (Burger)
11, AN Other, (Burger)

Well, done, fellas, thanks for your support . . . coming along nicely

Noticed that all bar have gone for just main course so will drop my starter and maybe order pud instead on the day.

The Chris Froome diet – gherkin, or no gherkin – is what I need, especially if I am to keep up with Steve.

Steve, all being well me and the better half will be coming along. Also, Burt and Julie from SELOC said they would like to come along - any chance you could contact him on SELOC as he doesn’t have a login on here.

Will let you know for definite this weekend.

At the risk of losing a bit of trade at one of my regular haunts, would be worth you checking the current state of play with the A591/A592 closer to the time as access to Kewsick from Ings might be a bit awkward following the flood damage.

Well a good chance, weather permitting, that S1 EXG will be the vehicle of choice :slight_smile: - just taken her out ( Exige that is) for a blast in Derbyshire today after 2 months inactivity - still puts a rather big smile on my face :slight_smile: - and others!

Great news, Simon. I plan to fire mine up tomorrow, all being well. Might surprise the new neighbours, though!

Cheers Steve, i’ll keep a watch on the road conditions and the Watermill is one of my favourite haunts, i’ve even stayed there and Meadowcroft :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Thommo :sunglasses:

Thommo,

Alan (Yasmar) has asked me to ask if you have room for another?

Cheers
Richard