Northern Christmas Lunch?

Jeez Paul sorry to hear that,…best wishes that you’re fixed soon and back in the saddle.

Right, chaps. I’m working tomorrow but will try to sort venue, as suggested by Paul,
and will report back.
Paul, maybe you could join us with a driver at your disposal or maybe one of our northernmost brethren foul give you a lift?

Hmm… maybe - not a bad idea. Let me ask this end first.

Error due to lazy copy editing:
“northernmost brethren foul give you a lift?”
Should have read “northernmost brethren WOULD give you a lift?”

Based on the 29th I’m in… sure Steve, Tony & a few of the others may be up for it as well

Right,
Checked out The Plough at Lupton(LA6 1PJ) and looks a good bet. Big car park. Youngest son rates it and he’s a fussy bugger.
So, see website: theploughatlupton.co.uk for winter menu. It’s not bargain basement but very good quality I am assured.
I have provisionally booked for Tues, December 29 at 1pm. Table for 12.
We will need to provide choices in advance for starters and main courses from the winter menus, as above.
It worked reasonably well last year at Ravenstonedale except for the one last minute non-attendee whose meal I had to pay for.
Once the 12 slots are filled, anyone else who wants to turn up on the day is more than welcome but will have to take their chances on food availability as I expect it will be busy.
Names, and choices, below, please:
1, Thommo (Pan fried mackerel, Bavette Steak)
2. Gav 21GG (burger & creme brulee)
3, Ishy (The burger please but… without the lettuce, tomato, gherkin & with a side order of onion rings!
4, sjw

I will probably be working on the 29th, weather permitting.
Hope you have a great time. :wink:

Will check our work rota on Monday and see if i am able to come

1. Gav (burger & creme brulee)

You bringing the GTE Ishy?

Thanks, Gav.
Updating list as we go, see above

ad_S: Hope you can make it.

Come on lads, declare your interest. I’m under enough pressure here from Mrs Thommo over my inactivity re Christmas festivities (which don’t much interest me) that I need to sort this as soon as possible. (OK, noted your post GP_F and Ad_s)
I’ve got a cycling club do to sort and a squash club beano to organise too, so give me a break!

The burger please but… without the lettuce, tomato, gherkin & with a side order of onion rings!

Could do weather dependant would be good to give it a run out it’s only done 235 miles
Failing that most likely the S1

Me, will give an order when I can get chance to browse

Thanks, gentlemen. . . I’m sorry if my post at 00.05 on Monday was a bit terse.It was a drink-induced post and I must learn to keep my fingers off the keyboard at such times.

Browse at will, sjw

I go for the Aberdeen Angus beef burger just to keep you happy Thommo :smiley:

See you there chaps - burger for me too - no turkey please!

Right,
Checked out The Plough at Lupton(LA6 1PJ) and looks a good bet. Big car park. Youngest son rates it and he’s a fussy bugger.
So, see website: theploughatlupton.co.uk for winter menu. It’s not bargain basement but very good quality I am assured.
I have provisionally booked for Tues, December 29 at 1pm. Table for 12.
We will need to provide choices in advance for starters and main courses from the winter menus, as above.
It worked reasonably well last year at Ravenstonedale except for the one last minute non-attendee whose meal I had to pay for.
Once the 12 slots are filled, anyone else who wants to turn up on the day is more than welcome but will have to take their chances on food availability as I expect it will be busy.
Names, and choices, below, please:
1, Thommo (Pan fried mackerel, Bavette Steak)
2. Gav 21GG (burger & creme brulee)
3, Ishy (The burger please but… without the lettuce, tomato, gherkin & with a side order of onion rings!)
4, sjw
5, Tony Pearman (Burger)
6, SimonE, (Burger)
7, ad_S, (Bavette Steak)

Well, done, fellas, thanks for your support . . . coming along nicely

Thommo I’m in can you put me down for the Bavette Steak please

Brilliant, thanks. Put you down on list.
Only a few spaces left . . . .