International @ Oulton Park 27/28 June

Are you guys worth it?

Definately not - but Frank is, & he’s turning up

I’ll be there as usual, trying to keep the racers under control again. (assuming I haven’t been sent anywhere with work)

What’s the use of frequent flyer point? Just tried to book flight using my points (I have enough for return to London) NO SEAT AVAILABLE. Bastards!! So now it will cost me AU$2500 to get over there… Are you guys worth it?

Same here Dave - I have 198,000 BA points … can I use them - er nope, can I use them to upgrade … Nope

Can I use them to fly London to Manchester - yes

Which airline is 2500 AUS ?

Count me in…

Well I def want to be there, so hotel is required? any good ideas?

Andy,

Qantas, online.

Andy,

Qantas, online.

Cheers Dave - I hope they charge the batteries

Andy,

Qantas, online.

You could always try the new Emirates route to Newcastle, they’re advertising �650 return!

Andy,

Qantas, online.

You could always try the new Emirates route to Newcastle, they’re advertising �650 return!

Thats a direct flight I guess …

Oh sorry!

Oh sorry!

Seriously - 2225 AUS dollars on our dates in June … - so about 1000 quid which is not too bad, and having flown Emirates out here before its a resonable service, I mean the planes dont fall apart ( like BA )

ill come along and im sure my brother will to. i haven’t been to a race meeting so it will be good to see.

Good to meet you today at Oulton - took your advice & big improvement in handling. Still not the best in the wet.

Hope to meet you & all the rest of the gang on 27/28th.

Chris

Who was the TDO today, guys?

Hi Mr Pesky

TDO was Circuitdays - well organsied overall. Will use in future.

Plenty of muppets going too fast too soon today though.
Not many Lotus - couple of Elise’s & my Exige.

Might not do a ‘wet’ day again though - not enough talent + wet circuit + new dampers (setup for dry) = Lots of understeer & underwear changes

Chris

Cheers Chris.

I always try & turn a wet trackday into a positive experience - surprising how quick our cars can be

How were the Ohlins Chris? did you make any adjustments?

Graham.

Hi Graham

Ohlins were better than me I think !!!

Started the day with the lotus track advised settings for bump & rebound with the ARB on the second hole from the front.
Talk about understeer
Couldn’t get any temp into the fronts & was overtaken by a bog standard 306 & various others

Changed the front bump from 6 to 8 & cured most of the horrific understeer I had early on in the day

Then took revenge on all the nutters who had hassled/passed me in the morning session (stopped 6 times for off’s)

The various posts & advice really helped - thanks to all who replied to my previous posts

If anybody has any suggested ‘wet’ settings I would be most grateful as I am at Oulton again on the 29th Feb - bound to rain again

Regards

Chris

I would go for a softer ARB setting should help with the understeer. When you say second hole from the front, do you mean the front of the car?

Graham.

I am up for this.

I’ll probably end up helping DaveP for the race