Inlet charge temps

I think JFK’s solution is well worth a go and I am going to try it. I also agree that we dont know how effective it will be in a track situation until we have tested it. Its a bit of a sweeping statement Ade just to right it off before we know.

All of the after market intercoolers are loads of dosh and the charge cooler system (which is the best solution in I think everyones opinion) is loads and loads of dosh, so a �100 solution has got to be worth a try.

I will fit it and then run it on track, with and without and we will see.

I will more than happily have my car tested at every trackday I do, this is good and useful information, I will try to remember to bring my reader to each one. As for dismissing John’s design, if I did I didn’t mean to, it just appeared to me it was being a bit over sold, I think all of us were shocked at how bad all of the systems were on the day.

Apart from me and I think Boothy / JFK / MMG / Lanzante / Adrian Newey .
My MMG intercooler cost as much as a charge cooler system so it wasn’t the cost that made me go for an intercooler .
Seems that the Forge did really well at getting temps down over the standard intercooler and like JFK said if it had x3 the airflow with side scoop ducts the temps would have come down more .

I think it is time to present my own system for the intercooler:

• 4x 2,5" tubes + roof scoop
  • K&N cold air intake tube
  • wider mesh on side scoops
  • still a lot of air flow for engine cooling (bigger side scoops by LEA)

:smiley:

IAT will be measured in the next weeks. The mapping is in process at the moment…

Nice work ! what map are you going for ?

That looks great Bockt !
Who,s gonna be 1st with a 6 tube version ??
:wink:

Ps my measurements of temps is with a SMALLER pulley than a 240 Exige…a SMALLER pulley than a 260 cup Exige… EVEN SMALLER than Ade,s 2.9 …
That’s an indication of how well extra air does you justice !

You gone to a 2.8" now?

Cool :sunglasses:

[quote=ade]You gone to a 2.8" now?

Cool :sunglasses: [/quote]
Smaller than a 2.9 is all im saying :wink:

All will be revealed soon … I’ve put a couple of hundred miles on since I’ve reconfigured my boost /fuelling and hopefully its going on the dyno this afternoon (as soon as this pesky Cossie gets mapped and shifted !)

Excellent, hope all goes well :wink:

The amount (volume) of air is related to the size of the collecting scoop, so , although sexy, I can’t see significant advantages of 4 pipes(or 6!) over 2 pipes with a decent surface area of scoop.

I’m at Goodwood on the 3rd Sept if anyone has the kit I need to test temps I’ll happily record (MMG Stage 2 A/A IC)

Absolutely agree here , I was kinda joking suggesting 6 tubes !

If I were to suggest an improvement for Bockt I,d say fit some bigger collecting trumpets on the hoses…
Still looks very good though :sunglasses:

[quote=ade]You gone to a 2.8" now?

Tick tock tick tock tick tock…

Run for the hills :smiley:

Yes I can send you my Kiwi wifi if you want to use that , works with an iPhone .

[quote=Boothy][quote=ade]You gone to a 2.8" now?

Tick tock tick tock tick tock…

Run for the hills :smiley: [/quote]
Au contraire mon ami !
check out this thread …
Clicky here for a look !
:wink:

[quote=jfk][quote=ade]You gone to a 2.8" now?

Smaller than a 2.9 is all im saying :wink:

All will be revealed soon … I’ve put a couple of hundred miles on since I’ve reconfigured my boost /fuelling and hopefully its going on the dyno this afternoon (as soon as this pesky Cossie gets mapped and shifted !) [/quote]

Pesky’s got a Cossie, was it orange!

[quote=moomin][quote=SeanB]
All of the after market intercoolers are loads of dosh and the charge cooler system (which is the best solution in I think everyones opinion)
[/quote]
Apart from me and I think Boothy / JFK / MMG / Lanzante / Adrian Newey / MarkS2.
My MMG intercooler cost as much as a charge cooler system so it wasn’t the cost that made me go for an intercooler .
Seems that the Forge did really well at getting temps down over the standard intercooler and like JFK said if it had x3 the airflow with side scoop ducts the temps would have come down more .
[/quote]

Added me to your list Moomin, was one of the first people on here to get one @ a great price and has been the best upgrade ive done.

I don�t agree. The limiting factor is the smallest cross section. Some additional (small) scoops or roundings will help to improve thr airflow a little bit but it is all about max. cross section!

If you were right the big cup roof scoop should work fine. But it is the small opening in the clam…

To get the same mass of air through two instead of four tubes you have to double the static pressure of the air. :wink:

Further example: air restrictor…

It is a custom-made map by Komo-Tec because it is a car with manual throttle.

I sort of agree with both of you …

The smallest cross section wont ruin the volume passing through if the restriction is clean as air will accellerate and venturi as per Bernoulli…Stand inbetween 2 hotels on a seafront in Blackpool on a windy day and witness venturi… always amuses me watching folk try to cross a side street while walking along the front !!

If the primary inlet is small though the volume of air ingested to begin with will be smaller thus not maximising potential flow…

As I said earlier though Bockt your setup looks very very good indeed ,well done…

Airflow is still not understood properly by Professors as yet so what chance do us lot have :wink: