Exige S2 Ordered?

and now my new job,

Nice one Uldis, good to hear you will be staying

Seconded - excellent news

Pooh Bah
I did Donington three times in mine and retired it from the track…� it needed a new clutch, tyres, pads, disks, � could have bought a new hatchback with the bill�

Rox Teddy

See your point, but it wont be long till it is stripped to 780kgs, bumped up to 230 bhp, new Ecu, exhaust et all�. This is to compete with Vauxhall�s 250BHP VXR.

But put it this way, the problem was the VXT �.it moved the game on to another plane… ( I was shocked after an hour in the damn thing� It was a mini race car to be honest… all that pace for �24K

The 111R came out and bettered it straight away…
The Exige 2 rounded things off� now we have the VXR�. And don�t forget these are not stripped out racers… but dual purpose tools�. I was laughing as I was chucking the Exige from pillar to post… Weight ? what weight ?��. Try that in another other performance car and you will be explaining to the loss adjustors how you had it on full lock but still ended up in the ditch…

They are awesome tools as they are�… In standard form !!!

As soon as sales dwindle or once the demand is there, ( no doubt it will be� VXR is due out) the men in coats will upgrade the Exige, and the 111R as they have done for years� and the game will start all over again.
I think it had to be evolution first�.
You can already see it…
The Exige 190
The Exige S 200
The Exige R 230
Forgot thats Porsches copyright.

Uldis, that�s nice. !!! Its exactly what I have planned for mine�. Going to rack up 100k miles over the next three years in this thing I can feel it��…

and now my new job,

Oo, missed that! Well done! What/where you doing?

Ian

Phil aren’t you tempted by one of each?

Looks like its a done deal, Exige 2 in Krypton Green

and now my new job,

Oo, missed that! Well done! What/where you doing?

Ian

Thanks guys!

I am starting my new job on June 1st, going down to Billingham for three working weeks. That means that I’ll be flying back to Aberdeen for the weekend.
And then based in Aberdeen, working for Tracerco (an oilfield services firm, full of new developments)
Maybe now I can give a well deserved respray to my chipped front clam!

Naah! ok, maybe next winter. I’ll be driving it all the time I can!

Phil aren’t you tempted by one of each?

Looks like its a done deal, Exige 2 in Krypton Green

Excellent Phil! I’ll be working on convincing my wife that she needs an Exige for her
Maybe sometime…

Keep working on it Uldis
Trudys one was a present for putting up with ME for 20 years !!

Great news Uldis - now you can afford to have your car tuned!!

Maybe, but it’d have to be until winter. I can’t put up with no driving a summer while the car is in bits.
Mind you, my car has been 1 month off the road because of the HGF. Delays and delays to get it back

OTOH, I might just take a perverse pleasure in trying to keep up with you…

Lookin forward to it - you bought the bungees yet ??

Yep!

test drove the 111r and the exige and fell in love with the exige, its a great car and feels like a mini super car compared to my s2 st. its not as hardcore as the s1 but its still has amazing grip and its not just the rubber its the cars great dynamics. i dont think the flack some people have given it is justified, the toyota engine is in a different leage to the rover k, and if they are honest how many exige s1 owners have a standard car! deliver is in one month(glacier blue,coded wing+side scoops+front splitter, power silver wheels , touring pack, sports exhaust.

Moomin

Well done

True about most S1 not having standard cars

Can I be cheeky and ask how much your car will cost with the all the goodies?

�34500, and stratton gave me a good trade in price for my elise s2.

Welcome moo !!

Lookin fwd to seeing you around!!

thanks! is it worth getting the stone chip film fitted, i didnt bother on my elise and have the odd chip on the front,somone has told me you can get the complete front covered in film is this true?

i dont think the flack some people have given it is justified, the toyota engine is in a different leage to the rover k, and if they are honest how many exige s1 owners have a standard car! deliver is in one month

True, the S1 Exige wasn’t perfect, but with a few quid here and there it could be made perfect. Not sure the same can be said of the S2.

havent driven the exige s1,but its the s2 for me ,i think the s1 looks a bit dated with the beetle headlights, and i still say that the toyota is a far better engine than the rover, try one you might like it! and that lap time on top gear was amazing and all for �34000 “perfect” to me.

and that lap time on top gear was amazing

And I’m sure if would have been quicker still if Lotus had carried the S1 DNA through to the S2.

When judged as a car in it’s own right, I’m sure it’s a wonderful car, but it’s not an Exige as far as what I understood an Exige to represent. It’s an Elise Coupe.

It the same as how I see a Jaguar diesels estates… sure, it’s a Jaguar, but only in name.

Doh !

Lotus produce a softy Elise Coupe and then Porsche and Ferrari produce hard core track cars at triple the price

Somewhere there has to be a alternative - now just what could that be er … er …