Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

Made the right choice there, looks great

Cheers, i’ve been reading some of your posts on here and seloc and you know more far more than i ever will about ECU’s/wiring etc so i’m glad you approve!

Fitted but not calibrated yet…

Demo mode video…

Nice safety features…

Yea so the new generation displays have made the old blue stuff look like ms-dos.

I’ve got a dash2 pro, cheap n cheerful for what I wanted, plus I had no can on the ecu so needed standalone.

PS what are the rotary pots on the wheel for?

Agreed, i had an AIM PISTA MXL in the last car and that is a superb dash and the only reason for a new one is the stack dash failure but now the motec is here, wow!

Although as i had a Syvecs S6 before we were limited on inputs so a dash conecting via CAN BUS would have been better.
I’ve seen you mention you might be getting a Syvecs ECU and i can’t recommend them enough, my S8 had an issue during the first mapping session and they sent a brand new replacement, plus now they do a plug & play Exige S2 variant though your car looks like it might need a GP version if you’ve messed with the loom.

As you look, left is Cal switch,12 maps, right is Traction Control 1-10 (and as soon as they invent something to replace me i will have cracked it! :slight_smile: )

sorry, did you mean the green and red buttons?

green is the clutch input switch to tell the ECU its ok to select gear (sequential management)
Not pressed red yet so F**k knows!!

Sounds good!

So yea syvecs is a pipe dream today, but new loom is designed to be trivial to swap ems out.

I’d go for the not yet released S6+ as it has a dbw hbridge onboard as stock. Also whole my car looks like an exige, it’s actually a 2003 elise with a Honda swap. Suffice to say very little of the shelf for it.

I noticed you reference the S6+, hadn’t heard of it but makes sense, a few extra inputs and the DBW Hbridge, for someone with the technical know how such as yourself syvecs will be a whole new playground.

Plan is to add the flex fuel sensor next to enable a mix of fuels, rather than completely drain the 100 litre tank or when changing fuels the sensor will help correct the map if there is still residue.

Love the MOTEC dash, I saw the other day that AIM now have one of these new full colour configurable screen dash’s. Very cool.

It was a close call between the two of them! but there is quite a difference in size and that ended up being the determining factor, MOTEC C125 is 134.5 x 103.9 x 20.2 mm whereas the AIM MXG is 237 x 127.6 x 26mm and i wouldn’t be able to see the whole dash (mini iPad: 200mm x 134.7mm).

Motec is up and running now, the Syvecs CAN addresses conflicted with the dash and anyone going down the same route feel free to ask for our configuration as it took several hours to crack thanks to Paul Blamire and 3 hours of support from Pat (Syvecs), so a big thank you.

video…

Very cool.

to my eyes the motec looks much better, I had something that looked like the MXL on my Raleigh Street Wolf BMX as a kid

lol
Was a Raleigh burner for me, probably where i got the buzz for modding, still have the scars from when an unbreakable Z-rim broke.
Good nostalgia for a Monday cheery up!

As you know, its always a question of priorities and as its now likely i’ll just be doing a couple of events in various competitions as we just haven’t had the seat time the pressure is off a little. Having said that it also finishes off the car nicely too so really pleased.

Disaster, bottom end has gone on the dyno, gutted to say the least.

Wasn’t there and not got full debrief yet but from what i understand was not even being pushed, joys of motorsport i guess.
Cadwell was booked for tomorrow and obviously Anglesey next week so a real slap in the face.

on the Dyno…

will let you know diagnosis.

Noooooo :frowning:

Any chance you’ll be able to turn it around in a week for Anglesey? MarcP/Scuffers or someone could help source another K20 for sure.

Possible now, we’re going to give it a go at least :slight_smile:
Engine sourced and i’m collecting tomorrow, will keep you up to date.

Good lad, that’s the spirit. :thumbup: