Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

Standard S1 fronts, with caliper mounts redrilled inboard to accept the different offset bells and 4 pot AP calipers.

Standard S1 motorsport rear uprights, these are steel different to the standard S1 steel uprights in a couple of places. No longer available unfortunately.

Thanks John :slight_smile:

Bushes look tired, is fully rose jointed the way forward or only if used with upgraded wishbones?

Fully rose jointed inner’s is the way to go if you are only using it on track, Dave at SL can help you out, see here www.seriouslylotus.com

Thanks again, have sent a PM

PM coming your way too :slight_smile:

Bit of tidying up…

Looks like you’re giving it the care and attention such a fantastic car deserves,…especially after what must be 14-15 years of competition. Well done Chris and keep up the pics :sunglasses:

Cheers :slight_smile:

There are literally hundreds of little jobs to do, it is just a matter of slowly working through them but fundamentally the car is sound!
Example…Moving brake bias from left hand side?? (is that a hangover from central seat design?) to somewhere it can actually be reached! (switching to tilton screw type adjuster).
Also put steering wheel quick release boss on which nows gives better clearance for paddles (you can just see the yellow of the boss on the passenger seat)
Discovered one bent wishbone, doesn’t look like impact damage more like someone standing on it whilst working on the car!!
Anyway, will hopefully turn the corner next week and start building back up :slight_smile:

Bias thing could be a function of as you say central seat, but also some race regs allow bias but not somewhere it can be reached during racing.

While you’ve got that rear subframe off it would be well worthwhile strengthening it to stop it trying to twist. I assume your exhaust system goes through there somewhere but you could probably still get some sort of bar across the bottom of it?

Ahh, fair enough then.
Rear camera view screen, Vbox OLED and gear indicator light positions are all marked up, driver position will be a busy place but well laid out!

its on the to do list!
i noticed elise shop do an off the shelf brace but as you point out the exhaust is in the way, best to fab something? presumably bolt in? or is there something out there already?

cheers

No there’s nothing you can buy off the shelf really. Ideally it needs to be welded up with some steel angle which braces it a the front, but also wraps under and around so that it helps with twisting in both load directions.

My exhaust goes over the top, but this is what I did to mine:-
small.jpg

cheers Jamie, that helps!!

Very enjoyable read, keep at it and good luck.

Any updates this year Chris?

Also, I hope you’re still planning on bringing the car to Anglesey on Good Friday? I for one was looking forwards to seeing it!

thanks jonnyfox :slight_smile:

sorry for delay…

We are about to start up again, life has got in the way for all involved but will start a project thread once we are back on with it and leave this thread as the Bosch is a non starter for now.

One update, the stack dash was showing erratic RPM so we thought about putting in a Motec or Aim dash but instead we are going to try a mini iPad bracketed in place, with the syvecs ECU talking to it via Blutooth. The Syvecs app lets you configure your display, hopefully this will save us the cost of a dash and wiring!! How well it performs in various light conditions we’ll have to see but worth a try nontheless.

examples below…

New Syvecs App GTR - YouTube

Syvecs - Telemetry Bluetooth Module - YouTube

Taken a punt on an eBay sunshade item for the tablet too lol…designed for a galaxy tab but it does have 'Deluxe Hinges"!! see if it fits and try to secure it in place

- YouTube

With the Stack shroud out the mini iPad fits unbelievable well, full screen viewable, we’ll fettle the shroud and put back in place…

also shows gear number which solves another problem.

Brake bias now in reach!..

1kg lithium battery in place…

all looking good

cheers Muu :slight_smile:

Brake ducts in…

OK, starting to look like a car again. Plan is to get it built up over the next 3/4 weeks and get it back on the Dyno end of Feb then get some seat time. Have tackled all the issues we had bar the noise but it failed at Elvington on a 98dB track day and with 105 to play with at most tracks i think we’ll be ok even when we start to wind it up on race fuel.