Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

With the windows fogged due to the conditions it was the only way of seeing anything behind and with some systems less than £100 these days it’s a no brainer for me!

I love the telly! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

From the archive : here’s Jonny’s dash :smiley:

Much better place for it than at Donny, good to see you had another good day :slight_smile:

There is a lot of chatting to sift through in this post…and I’m real late for the party…how did the Bosch Motor Sport ABS install go? Any advice you can give about the conversion/install?

I blame Ben for the chatting :mrgreen:
The ABS system install was done by a race team who had previous experience of installing the system albeit the porsche cup variant which is somewhat more plug and play. I suspect it would be something right up your street to be honest, you need to give them a few measurements and data before they send you the kit as well as utilising some form of ABS ring for your speed sensors in our case we designed our own (see page 20). The kits are sold by Bosch retailers so probably best to give your local one a call but its very much a collaboration between them and you.
We had a few problems, the yaw sensor didn’t arrive with the kit and the brake lines were the wrong size which points towards the fact that each kit bar the porsche specific one is tailor made.
As to the bit i know more about which is using it, i find its either very low or high i.e. wet or dry. You can feel it kick in but because of the reliability issues we’ve had we really only got to concentrate on it last Friday for the first time, changing settings after a couple of laps and seeing what worked. Once i can give more feedback i will including some video footage if possible.

Yup it’s great isn’t it :smiley: the classic meandering build thread charting the trials and tribulations of what is a unique and interesting car…with Bosch ABS.

[quote=“Benja”][quote=“<@¿@>”]There is a lot of chatting to sift through in this post…[/quote]

Yup it’s great isn’t it :grin: the classic meandering build thread charting the trials and tribulations of what is a unique and interesting car…with Bosch ABS.[/quote]

:mrgreen:

The truth of the matter is without a lot of guys on this forum, and they know who they are, i wouldn’t be driving such a wonderful car. They have advised or encouraged at key times and now you can see the result, the chatter may not offer a solution to your problem but it might give you the strength to find it :smiley:

PS Just to be clear though-i think your Ace!

I love characters, people who shake things up a bit. I know i’m a bit mad and have to try and hide that fact everyday, its just good to see someone else with the same problem! :smiley:

Rab C Nesbitt meets Spanish equivalent - YouTube

Hey don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, worked a treat :smiley:

Wow… 2 years and still not sorted… I’m thinking of installing one too, but 2 years… ugh…

:smiley:

I know, with one thing and another and the fact that i have a young family and i run my own business meant that the car had to take a back seat (it hasn’t got one-little engineering gag there!) but i’m sure you’ll do it much better and quicker!

Ben,

forgot to mention i added to the fleet last week. Business has taken up a lot of my time over the last couple of years so i decided to treat myself, well the build was taking so long so i thought…why not?!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice fleet!

Does it come with a lordship?

Working on it, already got a coat of arms in mind! :wink:

Ooh that’s lovely buddy! Look forward to seeing it!

I think you have out Lorded Lord Beadsmore!

No way Jose… he’d want to redesign it before it went onto his car :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes Dave, my hooligan days are over now as i simply ‘waft’ to my destination!
Nah, i put it in sport mode, the note drops and I’ve got 600Bhp+ to play with :smiley:

We gotta get you and Beadsmoore out for a Lord-Off :smiley: fantastic motor Chris, you’ve got a mega fleet there bud.

Sure…to make it better…to make it fit…and because I can. :wink: