Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

I’ll confirm tomorrow (Weds) as right now there’s something in my schedule for the 30th that I need to get rid of.

Ben, you playing out on the 30th?

Photo’s of prep work from painter…

colour change?

Nah, cracks and various scratches needed sorting out so still black plus a bit of wrap :slight_smile:

I really hope so, trying to get out of another commitment but couldn’t resolve it before me hols…

Still working on this Chris,…looking a bit more hopeful.

Any news on the fleet,…or some more pics?

Was hoping to have the Lotus back today but paint isn’t finished, hopefully only a couple more days delay, its booked in with APM on the 19th for a bit of wrapping to finish :slight_smile:

Evo still needs a few tweaks, engine bay temps were high on last Dyno session so I’ve dropped the Manifold and Up-pipe off at Camcoat in Warrington for what they call their race-spec coating (which is on most of the lotus parts). Inside and outside will be coated and they are also Cermakroming the intake pipes too to keep temps down and coz it looks bling :smiley:

Evo was also running out of fuel so we’re putting an extra Bosch 044 on to give it some fuel headroom and make use of the ID1700 injectors we fitted before the last Dyno session (which can also tolerate race fuels).

Control panel back in after tweaking the loom for the uprated CDI ignition system…

Another problem solved was the actuator on the sequential box, basically the original lever that came with the kit wasn’t generating enough force and gear changes were hit or miss, after a temporary solution a new one has been CNC’d. I’m in awe of any technology probably because i’m so bad at it, but i think its crazy how quickly this area of manufacturing has come on in the last few years, so much so that you can walk in and get a part designed and manufactured to your own spec with retail quality finish. Original to the left as you look and new larger one to generate more force to the right…

very cool, hope that sorts the shift

4th button down in the middle row. Do you really think you will have the time for that mid lap?? :astonished:

Definitely :wink:

Great job Chris, the Evo is looking fantastic, what an awesome machine :sunglasses:

Have booked Donington on the 11th October, makes sense as its Noisy day and i’m not sure where we will be at with the new silencer packing material we are using.

Won’t be doing the 30th now, sorry Ben.

Planning on taking both cars :slight_smile:

We’ll be away in Eastern Europe then, but hope the day goes well buddy!

See you there.

Real shame that the days coincided eh. We’ll be at Brno on that day I think.

Good luck, make sure you or someone gets some pics up.

Cheers Ben, would love to be there but at least we’re all out on track, hope the local Skoda boys don’t give you a hard time on track!
Sure Dave will put them in their place if needed :smiley:
Have a great trip guys.

Small update, both cars are good to go for next week :clap:
APM have not been able to fit them in for a bit of wrapping (plus wing & new wing end plates need some colour) but at least the work is done!

Couple of pics after paint, not the best but you get the idea. Nice to have the Elise Motorsport back to its original silhouette and wing :slight_smile:
100% Original…(except for the 2.2 Clockwise Engine, Rotrex, Quaife Box, Paddle Shift, Syvecs Ecu, Bosch ABS and ATP Dry Sump! :mrgreen: )

Looking forward to seeing it with a dash of colour on it, should look superb and will get some photos done of the 2 cars together.

Oooooof,…fantastic Chris, it’s Black Beauty :sunglasses:

Kinda reminds me of my car in an earlier incarnation.

Good luck next week hope both cars go well,…just a shame that we can’t all be out together.

Nice, though i like your new colour more :slight_smile:

Planning on putting a stripe back on it just to add a bit of colour.

Have a good trip, hope all goes well for everyone :thumbup:

Looking good Chris. See you next week.