Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

Lotus is going to be less extreme so the wing is going on the Evo instead, and suits it better to be fair…

though not taking any chances with the downforce!..

TPS could be something Syvecs related, pedal sensors and throttle not configured to the correct % so its not happy or at least something along those lines. To be honest was just good to hear it running even if though it was just set up runs :slight_smile:

Pylons sorted…

Car mapped :smiley:

Engine cover, re-pack exhaust and tidy up are the only things left to do now.

BONZA! :thumbup:

So how’s it going, is it all back together again and happy? Do you now have 2x complete functioning track cars?

You must be coming out to play soon?

Looks like we’re at Donny on 30th and then Spa/Zolder next month. Come on you know it makes sense :smiley:

Hi Ben, nearly have 2 cars!

Evo just needs to go back on the Dyno after the new CDi System is installed as the coil packs it was using had reached their limit.

Lotus is good to go though its going in for a wrap (as is the Evo), will speak with them tomorrow and see when it will be finished but if all good i’ll get down on the 30th :slight_smile:

The place thats wrapping the car had an open day at the weekend, popped down and took a few pics…

Had the usual F40’s and GT3 RS’s in abundance but there was also some rarer cars too :smiley:

Great news Chris. The 30th is looking like it’ll be a great day with quite a few of us out to play :sunglasses:

So what are you doing with the wrap? I love your ‘the usual F40s and GT3RS’ comment :smiley:

Got an update yet Chris,…better still some pics of the newly wrapped machine?

Hi Ben, apologies for slow response of late, i’ve been busy with work and have left it to Sean at Trackfocused to crack on and finish both cars. I’m going over today and i’ll come back with their progress and some pics but think both cars are due at the wrapper this week.

The Lotus will struggle for the 30th because of the 98dB limit, the Evo would pass the noise test but it needs to go back on the Dyno first so won’t see you guys this week unfortunately.

Moving forward i am going to slow down for a while and have a bit of fun with the cars with whats left of the ‘good weather’ so will start to book in some dates if you can let me know your plans then hopefully we’ll get to meet up on track!

Great news on the cars and the plans. You know its not too late to come to Spa in a couple of weeks huh!!

If not when we’re out at Spa we’ll make an outline plan for the rest of the season. It would be great to see you out on circuit. I’d really love to get back to Anglesey again this year huh…

Oh and we await progress report and pics :smiley:

:smiley:

The painter wasn’t in!! so didn’t get to see the Lotus unfortunately.

Few pics of tweaks the Evo has had, most important being an adjustment to the actuator for the sequential system. It wasn’t changing gear quick enough and at times simply wouldn’t select gear as the safety fail-safe kicked in, turned out the actuator in combination with the lever wasn’t giving the force that was needed, cobbled solution below seems to be working that will be better designed once confirmed as the solution…

Rear window was misting up so venting has been added…

and Schroth Enduro harnesses eventually arrived…

Gear indicator added to the dashboard, central switch panel is off being refigured…

Final pic before the bumper goes back on and it gets its wrap and stickers-it should then start to look like the animal that it is…

Looking forward to seeing the Lotus with a standard MS silhouette instead of the smurf roof, hopefully get a picture sent over tomorrow!

Fantastic! That Evo really is a proper machine. I can’t wait to see it doing its thing out on circuit.

The Lotus will be more resolved without the cartoon scoop,…get some pics up when you get em!

evo is very cool, look super clean

:sunglasses: Agreed

Evo will be at Donnington on Friday for a test day, unfortunately i’m away with work but sure Sean (Trackfocused) will put it through its paces :wink:
Wing swapped over from Lotus and looks more at home on the Evo, huge downforce, approximately 160kg at 100mph…

Lotus is still awaiting its paint! :frowning: hopefully getting done next week but you can see the standard shape now . Although i didn’t like the ‘snorkel’ it did make it stand out!..

Edit:
Donnington went well, the guys played with geartronics settings ironing out the shifts, Alcon race brakes were awesome apparently, pops and bangs on the map (you can hear at the end of the straight) will need to be mapped out but asked for overall comment and got ‘fooking quick!’ for an answer :smiley:

Video clip from the day…

Both cars looking mega Chris.

We will get to see you on circuit this year surely? Maybe a Donny date in September??

Evo is basically good to go & Lotus is finally being painted and won’t be far behind so will definitely have something to play with and I’m up for Donington, let me know what you’re thinking!

Looking at Dates in Sept at Donny it’s basically the first or the last Friday.

-Friday 2nd on the National
-Friday 30th on the GP

Alas the noisy day is in Oct when we’ll be in Eastern Europe. You could always bring both cars on that trip :bulb:

2nd might be on holiday but 30th is good for me plus I’ve never done the GP circuit, will book if you confirm you’e doing Ben.

Relying on the car(s) to do a track day abroad might be a bridge too far for now, lets get though a local track day first without sulking in the garage! :laughing:

last friday of sep, think I can be ready for then