Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

Great news that the Lotus will be ready Chris…I know its gonna be tough only having 370bhp. Any news on the cams…

I’m looking forwards to seeing the Evo too. the CNC Head Championship looks like fun, a real mixed grid huh. You can get some practice chasing down Caterhams on Sat bud :smiley:

Ha, i guess we were just disappointed with the figure because we know how good the engine is, of course 370 should be fun and not too tough :slight_smile:

We think the race cams are just too aggressive though to be fair to all involved we need a bit more time to understand what’s going on, thankfully everyone is working towards a solution and it might be that standard cams are dropped back in next week and it will go straight back on the Dyno. To be honest the signs are that the engine will make serious power without the need for hot cams.

Speaking of fixing problems, the AT Power Dry Sump worked flawlessly on the Dyno, constant 5 bar of pressure so looking good.

Not sure what engines are in the Caterhams/Locosaki’s in the CNC championship but they were certainly tramping on, and suspect they’ll be chasing me down! Either way should be fun :slight_smile: I hope i’m out on the Saturday with the Evo having a bit of fun with you guys, car could be on the Dyno today :slight_smile:

Ross Sport 3582HTA arrived yesterday for the Evo…

Great stuff :sunglasses:

Current forecast looks like you’ll benefit from 4WD traction on Sat!!

Just spent all afternoon reading this thread… Had dipped in before but had not realised it had turned into double build thread.
Then discovered a treasure trove. Good read, hope to see both cars on Fri/Sat (If I make it :open_mouth:)

Cheers mate :slight_smile: Hope you make it!
Evo is on the rollers this morning so fingers crossed!

PS would like to come along to a ‘Northern’ meet up (live in Warrington). Only got a track lotus so would tag along at the back if thats OK? :slight_smile:

Sounds good to me.

553 Bhp 1.6 Bar V-Power :open_mouth:

Good to hear the dry sump worked well …
Sure you will get past the 400hp when you get it sorted … allways a bit of a test to get everything sorted initially.
Have also just invested in a Bosch ABS for my Elise project … sounds like the real deal from your and others reports.
Out of interest what size Calipers / rotors / MCs are you running ?

Ahh sorry that friday didn’t work out for you, today must be slippy!

The Evo looked mega, brilliant workmanship. Well done Chris, hope you had good day despite the weather.

Come on Chris,…w’appnin?

Apologies guys and thanks for the PM’s :slight_smile:

Have been taking a bit of time out as far as the Lotus is concerned. It really p*ssed me off missing out on a sunny Exiges day at Anglesey so much so that the car was getting sold there and then! Having calmed down since I now have the energy and desire back to get her over the finishing line, even if its just the build one for now! Have also decided to take it back to original looks and silhouette i.e. the oversized roof snorkel goes and a genuine motorsport roof & engine cover goes back on (which i have acquired already). Should i ever want to sell again it hopefully a standard looking MS Elise albeit with a few new tricks would be a better proposition but that’s not my plan, I just want some reward for the effort!

The issue this time was the race cams, as i got to the point where the VVT would normally kick in there was a violent stall and then it would come back alive and rev out to 8K. The general consensus was that because it’s supercharged as soon as there was an overlap the boost would shoot through and blow out the spark hence the stall/misfire. Standard cams are going in, not even JDM ones as TDi say they are seeing issues even with those profiles on similar setups.

Car arrived at TDi-North Today…

They are also going to sort out the accelerator pedal which needs re-calibrating and map her once the cams are in, fingers crossed this is finally it!

Sounds like a plan.

Although your rear wing pylons look a little bent in that picture. Have a set just like that from the orange car!!

FFS can’t even get through a post without the to do list getting bigger! :lolno:
Hadn’t noticed…put the double element wing on for Anglesey which must have produced too much downforce for the pylons (lives on the Evo now).

Is the set you have surplus John? and exchangeable for beer tokens?

We did exactly the same thing. Was quite surprising considering I could sit on top of a board across them when stationary in the workshop without any deflection.

Will see if I have a set of thicker ones in the container, but seem to recall only get a couple of sets made.

Yeah time to reap some reward in tracktime Chris. Really looking forwards to it all coming together (again) and seeing you on circuit not just at the circuit! Keep the updates coming…

Car was on the Dyno today, TPS was playing up so not finished as yet but on the way :slight_smile:

TDi-North Dyno:

Back to Back Test, Race Cams V Standard K20 Cams, Supercharged 2.2:

Blue line is Race Cams, more power low down, VVT has very little effect (possibly due to Supercharger/Boost)
Red line is the K20 Cams, less power low down but VVT has a big impact.

Race cams would be ideal for an NA setup.

Has not been revved past 7k, no ignition put in yet, cams need playing with so hopeful of a good result!

almost need the low cam lobes from the race, and the high lobes from the JDM, as they cross right where you could do VTEC changeover

Yep, 100bhp difference low down and similar difference top end, obviously on track this shouldn’t be an issue.

awesome car, would love that spoiler on mine.

shame about the TPS sensor.