Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Steven took the car to RCM today to get it mapped, unfortunately and frustratingly it had a leak on the dry sump so he took no chances and called time hence the comment above, hopefully get it sorted and back on the Dyno ASAP.

Setting up idle…

Making a mess…

Shite!!! Didn’t realize this had happened until I stumbled across a post on Facebook. Spoke to Romain and AT Power to see what had happened etc and it sounds like a simple ‘O’ ring issue or something… Andrew had his Exige on the dyno a few days ago for about 5-6 hours to test out the dry sump system and it worked perfectly! Think his car made over 500bhp at the wheels which is good.

Anyway, I hope it’s an easy job to sort out. I assume you can just change the O ring (if that’s what it is) from underneath the car as you’ll only need access to the side cover plate?

Credit where it’s due, Andy at ATP has been brilliant. It’s an assembly fault at there end, and they have done everything to sort it out, including sending two guys out this coming Monday to replace it with a complete new system.

A great example of how customer problems should be dealt with.

Great service by the sounds of it.

Really looking forwards to seeing the dyno plot…but not as much as seeing both cars at Anglesey :sunglasses:

Glad Andrews system worked perfectly, with 500bhp atw it seems everything else is working just fine too! Is there a FB page on his car or link to something?

As Steven said they’re going to swap it out themselves which is handy as it saves having to pull the engine out, hopefully Monday which means we can go straight back to mapping. On a positive note it was making 4 Bar of oil pressure at idle, Steven was worried it was actually too high!

Evo is rapidly catching up:

Loom beginning to be installed…

Engine bay nearing completion…

Dry sump system & cooling plumbed in…

Fuel tank cover finished…

Lots of time consuming little things getting sorted, geartronics lines, steering wheel custom panel etc, lots of effort going in this week to get it finished ASAP.

Well it’s good that AT are trying their best to get it sorted. Probably stating the obvious here, but if they are swapping out the whole unit I assume they have remembered that your pan needed more internal clearance for your particular crank? Out of interest, Andrew installed the whole system without taking the engine out of the car so no reason you can’t do the same on yours, unless side clearance is tighter I suppose.

Thanks for pointing it out, they know its a stroker and will need the K24 variant (if there is no performance difference between K20 and K24 sump would it not make sense just to sell the K24 which would cater for everyone and potential future changes of plan?). The engine was freshly built hence the reason why it was put on outside the car but good to know it can be fitted in situ.

As promised, ATPower sent two chaps out to my place yesterday to replace the dry sump unit on Chris’ engine. It took them approximately 2 and half hours to do the change over. We tested the car up to temperature and no leaks. Thanks to them for great customer service.

Now to find a dyno slot!

Evo and Lotus are both ready for the Dyno :clap:
Will never build 2 cars again at the same time, it seemed like a good idea buying a cheap second car and getting it ready to race but feature creep (due to watching the likes of Ben, Johnny etc do such a good job on theirs!) i ended up wanting the EVO to be just as nice and spent far more than i should’ve done. Anyway, apologies to those who don’t want to see non-lotus stuff on here, being a car nut I enjoy reading anything about cars, especially build threads and just thought you guys might be interested. Will just post Lotus pics from now on, no Jap barge stuff!

Hopefully see a few of you at Anglesey, please pop in if your passing the pits as you’re more than welcome.

Couple of photos to finish:

Engine bay got very busy all of a sudden…

New steering wheel (same as the Lotus, Momo model 88 320mm) with paddles and extra buttons…

Lotus is being mapped by Romain Levesque and the Evo by by Jamie @ Evotune with Syvecs support from Ryan & Pat as the code has to be written for the S6+.

Just need to decide on wrap colours! will wait to see which way you’ve gone Ben :wink:

Looking great ! - look forward to seeing them at Anglesey buddy!

Looking very good indeed!!!

Awesome both of them…

Wow Chris!!! So the EVO has the trick ABS on it too :crazy: Cheap 2nd car my arse…that must be the line you fed to your missus :clap:

You’re certainly gonna have some toys at your disposal this season eh. Like the others have said; can’t wait to see both cars at Anglesey…in a couple of weeks!!

Cheers Guys, look forward to seeing you all at Anglesey.

:smiley:

One of the lads on the Subaru scene has a historic race car company called WDK Motorsport which i believe is an acronym for wife don’t know so i can’t be the only one!

yeah I spied the 2nd ABS unit!

I didn’t spy ***t, I can wait for Anglesey.

Well Chris?

Both cars ready for later this week?

Where’s the dyno plots bud?

[quote=“Benja”]Well Chris?

Both cars ready for later this week?

Where’s the dyno plots bud?[/quote]

Lotus has literally just come off the Dyno:

Bad News…

Only 370bhp, basically the race cams are not doing it. Romain tried everything he could to get them to work but at the point at which the VVT kicks in, if anything the power drops. Need to speak with all involved tomorrow but suspect standard cams will be going back in.

Good news…

It was on a very conservative map, loads of early torque and the signs are good for over 400 bhp when we solve the cam issue and push the map. The car is ready for Anglesey and will be there Friday :slight_smile:

Evo:

I had entered the first round of the CNC Heads Sports/Saloons championship last Saturday with the Evo and despite Track focused’s best efforts we didn’t make it as the turbo went on the Dyno (amongst other things-it was just one of those weeks). New turbo is inbound and the car back on the Dyno Wednesday and if all goes well off to Anglesey for the Saturday and a much needed shakedown!

(Pat (Syvecs) is doing the mapping at scoobyclinic himself, he also got the dash, Geartronics GCU and Syvecs to talk to each other as well as code the Syvecs S6+ to the Evo all at the same time, very clever stuff!)

I went down and watched the race anyway on Saturday as it was at local track Oulton Park, Caterhams and Locosaki’s dominated qually and the race, some very quick stuff and experienced drivers in the series!!

Youtube vid i found from the day, sighting lap and race…

CNC Heads Sports/Saloon Championships Race -OULTON PARK - 19.03.2016 - YouTube