Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

This morning i set off at 3am to drop the engine at Stevens so i could get back to work. I’m full of cold, tired and fed up with it all right now!

Yes picture looks very similar to what i had a few weeks back although it looks like this right now…

Its being lowered and needs a bit of cutting and fabrication to enable this hence the condition its in. Proper angry little 4WD Evo, looking forward to racing it.

We’ve all had those ‘why the fook am I doing this’?’ moments,…the answer always arrives but sometimes these cars demand considerable patience!

Fair play on the Evo,…that’s gonna be mega.

New year and new problems to solve!
Engine is coming out and spotted lower engine mount bush has fallen apart (you can see the damage from the opposite side to this photo), does anyone recognise whose mount/kit this might be?
cheers in advance…

interesting, never seen the engine braced at the the OS before like that

Tim, have you got a picture of how your engine is braced? is the attachment itself or the attachment point thats different, or both?

Will measure up the bush when out and see if Whiteline, Powerflex etc have anything that matches, last resort we’ll CNC a solid bush.

Yea, I’ve not seen a Honda braced like that before either…

Mine (Link-Up kit) has fore and aft engine braces, but the rear mount is central to the engine - that looks like it’s off the the right hand side ?

What you need to do buy my car, drop your nice new engine into my car and use that - ultimate handling and engine package - :smiley: - job sorted !

Haha, sounds like a plan!
Alternatively i should have just bought a Ferrari engine for it!!

mine is braced at where the bellhousing meets the block, like most peoples. One to subframe, one to the cross member by the tank

Cheers Tim, I’m not too worried as the engine just doesn’t move, in fact it will fall off the stand before that happened even with a damaged bush but we’ll repair it somehow. Looking for a mapping slot towards the end of the month with new engine in so won’t have long to wonder if we fixed it!

yeah can’t see any issue with it there, just not see it like that before

How’s it going Chris? Time to give us an update on the Lotus and the Evo me thinks!

All good now Ben :slight_smile:
Xmas, family, illness, x2 car builds is a bad combination!

Update…
New engine is going in the Lotus this week which leaves Dry sump plumbing, looking for mapping dates next week but unfortunately no pics.

Evo is being painted as we speak, do have a couple of pics of progress …

Roof wrap was hiding roof damage from the bonnet hitting it, repaired properly now…

Pedal box will be have slightly less play now…

New clutch and release bearing from RTS performance…

Bit of tidying…

Bit of tubbing…

Bit of a beast…

Dry Sump fitted, hot bits ceramic coated and ready to go. Build up will start next week but expect it won’t take long, have booked it on for the Saturday at Anglesey so you can have a good look round it and if you’re up for it take it for a lap :open_mouth:

Looks like it will be a beast buddy ! - what sort of bhp ?

Wow that EVO is gonna be fantastic. I think a few of us may at least do the morning on the Sat so appreciate your offer of a lap in it :sunglasses: Its a long time since I’ve driven a 4WD car. Getting very excited about Anglesey, it really is going to be a festival of automotive toys :smiley:

Get some pics of the Lotus up…looking forwards to seeing the new engine in and some dyno plots bud :sunglasses:

It will do 700+ on race fuel but will be ran on low boost and standard fuel, reliability being more important (honest!) Its light and now all the sealant tar and a few unnecessary bits have been removed, lighter still.

Sure we can fit a lap in somehwere over the Anglesey weekend, see what you think… :wink:

Makes sense for me to stay down and do the Saturday with the EVO, and besides last year i ended up going back the next day to watch a bike day due to the fact i stayed so close i could hear them on track! (very sad).

Steve just text to say he 's tidied up the wiring and found the charge wire attached to nothing!! lol
Will get pics of the Lotus on the Dyno and the graph, think it was about this time last year we mapped it…fingers crossed!

Which of the above is the most likely? :smiley:

Haha :laughing: You’ll be turning the boost up to 11 when me and Dave hunt you down like a pack o’ dogs in our R300s :smiley:

Looks like its all set to be a cracking little track weapon :sunglasses:

:laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“Benja”][quote=“JDS”][quote=“fandango”]

It will do 700+ on race fuel but will be ran on low boost and standard fuel, until the first Lotus go’s past/lap 8/it dries out completely/I need to check how loud it is[/quote]

Which of the above is the most likely? :smiley:[/quote]

Haha :lol: You’ll be turning the boost up to 11 when me and Dave hunt you down like a pack o’ dogs in our R300s :grin:

Looks like its all set to be a cracking little track weapon :cool:[/quote]

Haha you’ve shown your true colours now Ben!

11.5 it is :smiley:

The Evo is well known, competed against it in 2013, was the kind of car that either did’t start or won depending on whether it could be arsed, video…

Watch out for the tosser on his cool down lap that gets in his way at 30 secs in a Subaru :wink:

Time attack Cadwell park 2013 evo 3RS Phil Reed - YouTube