Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

I have some new Ford cvs I’m about to remove. Done 0 miles and have proper gkn motorsport grease fitted. Only removing as I’m fitting gt uprights.

Saying that mine don’t look like your old ones though. So must be different setup.

Thought we had cracked it then! Can you post up a picture anyway?

Literally just got off the phone to John Shorrocks (thanks) (again!) and he mentioned Ford Cv’s.

The drive shafts for the Motorsport cars were made by GKN, but that was with a Rover gearbox. Both ends were noticablely much larger, from memory the outer was either from a Transit or RS Focus, but definitely Ford. The Rover Quaife sequential box uses the standard Rover/Elise shafts dimensions. I’m guessing that the Honda sequential has a hybrid of the two.

We used to deal with a guy called Dennis at GKN, who was the most helpful man in the world!! He may even remember what was used, as someone I know ordered a set from them and they still had all the drawings and part numbers. Give your old joint a really good clean, and see if there are any part numbers on them - the Ford ones used to have the Ford emblem and a part number on them, so made life a little easier. No idea if he’s still there, or if the number still works but try this 0121 3131661.

If they can sort something out, check when you build it up, as some of the outer joints had a shaped spacer to allow you to tighten the bearing pack up properly, that needed swapping from one joint to another. It was really easy to miss it, and think it was part of the joint.

As Dave says though, it going to depend on who did your conversion originally.

If GKN can’t help try John, at Dave Mac Propshafts in Coventry. He may give Dennis a run for being the most helpful man in the world to be fair.

Thanks again John.

PS only one winner of that award :thumbup:

Well spotted, hope you got a good deal!
Found the picture when i searched for DJ wings dual element pictures.
Would be interested to know how you’ve got on with the wing.

Mine are Ford rs2000 outer cvs.

I will get a picture. But they don’t have trigger wheels built in. I had to fit machine wheels onto them

Love the wing. Gav you are the Lotus magpie,…I bet the LMS guys put stuff they want to shift in your line of sight whenever you pop down there :smiley:

Good luck getting the driveshafts sorted Chris,…Anglesey approaching eh!

Transit Connect rings a bell if its a Link up shaft …

Cheers for all the help guys, appreciated!

JR20 is stamped into the Joint, does that help anyone??

Tried Dennis, as you say John very helpful but no joy…

Steven managed to get hold of the guy who sold us the car and he pointed us towards CPS drivelink in Gateshead, the uprated shafts and CV joints were made by these guys. CV joint is on its way to them and they are going to see what they can do, might miss out on Anglesey but they are confident they can replace or at worst manufacture a replacement.

Fun and games, thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Keep the faith bud, it might come together for next week.

If only you had another awesome track orientated machine you could bring…oh hold on :smiley:

:smiley:

Still waiting to hear on CV joint but carrying on regardless to hopefully get to Anglesey this Friday, Steve has fitted a bung to the exhaust which seems to have sorted that problem…

apologies for the vertical, landscape video :confused:
5k Revs…

Fingers crossed it comes together for Friday…

Well Chris…how’s it going :question:

CPS drivelink are very good, they can also supply the elusive toyota car’s outer ends/cv’s.

Unfortunately i’m not going to make it to Anglesey this Friday :frowning:
CPS have to hand make it on the lathe as its hardened steel, despite that the CV Joint will be ready Friday, so i miss out by 1 day. Nevermind, to be honest i’m glad that we found both the problem and the solution now. Just a single one is being made for now, we’ll fit and give it a go and if all OK order some spares.

Sorry guys was looking forward to a good josh :smiley:

Steven has been dealing with and would agree with you, very good to deal with and will be our first port of call from now on :slight_smile: