Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

Come on now, that is Simon Erlands place and all those engines are broken.Yo don’t fool me :wink:

Hmmmm, awesome.

Very much looking forward to getting to the point of ordering my block up, now that I’ve seen those piccies. My Darton liners were done at Clockwise and took a real punishing without any problems. Even when the engine let go in a massive way the liners were still in the same place as where they started, albeit with massive holes in the sides!!! Anyway, the way they are machined and fitted I don’t see how they the liners could slip down as they sit on a ledge.

C38-81

Good to know the liners didn’t move but a shame you had to find out that way!
Apologies for asking but what happened to your engine?

Go and make a cuppa Chris sit down and read Jamie’s build thread :

http://www.exiges.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17185

No problem asking, but unfortunately we’ll never know because there was so much damage. Even an F1 engine failure analysist couldn’t tell me!!! It was either a fueling issue of some sort (ie catastrophic det) or what we thought most likely at the time, a rogue piston or the wrong clearances given to us by CP for our usage. Because we don’t have a clear answer, the new engine will be exactly the same spec as the one that blew up, but with better fuelling capabilities, oiling, ignition and ECU control. Then if that goes bang again, we’ll have to do something different.
P1020188small.jpg

Will do, perhaps something stronger than tea though :smiley:

meh, 3 pistons must still have been good for 450 :slight_smile:

Had to google the guy, newbie :blush:

He is the K Guru! Apparently he may have been banned from a site or lots…

Hansome Dan is excellent, pleasure to deal with. Should get my gearbox to him next month hopefully.

Have to say I like Dan’s work

urgh suppose I need to open the wallet and see what is hiding behind the receipts one day and make a trip to clockwise

:slight_smile:

Ive learned the hard way about engine builders and its not until you get to the dyno or race day you realise you’ve been taken in, so its not just the money on the build you’ve wasted its everything else, track time, fuel, accommodation, transport etc etc i’m sure i’m not the only one on here.

Everything i saw at clockwise says quality and its worth paying for.

Dry Sump arrived from AT Power, i can’t tell you how impressed i am with it and how solid it feels, my photos don’t do it justice but i wanted to get it to Graham Hickman at GroupB Motorsport (who is putting the whole engine together), hence the photos in the box!
Fantastic work to everyone involved, and thanks in particular to Jamie, well done mate!

The complete kit…

From all sides…

Pressure Relief Valve to the left…

Awesome!!! That’s the first one that I’ve actually seen from the first production batch of 25 units. Haven’t even got mine yet…not that I need it right now!!!

Well all I can say is that I hope it works out well for you and I really look forward to seeing some data. Couldn’t hear you very well the other day when we spoke, but when are you hoping to be out again?

I think the free ones get sent out next week :smiley:
Engine needs to be built and installed together with the dry sump tank and lines, after that just the dreaded dyno. So should be out 2016 :wink:
Only joking, hopefully we are into the last weeks now, as well as the above there are a few little bits still to be finished…splitter, inlet manifold to be coated, rocker cover painted etc but getting close!

Back to sump, Syvecs will monitor everything and i’ll come back with the data, should be interesting.

Free ones being sent out next week. I fucking wish!!! I’m paying pretty much the same as everyone else even though I’ve put in hours/weeks/months of work.

Cool, let us know when you do your first test day.

You need a better agent mate :laughing: Well done on the kit anyway :slight_smile:

Will let you know about test day.

yeah not really on that, sure 100 could have whopped on the first 25 to cover yours. Looks a nice bit of kit though!

Spa was brutal on oil, found the cylinder 1&2 spark plug tube holes full of oil from the long high G lefts. New seals ordered & plugs too

Hey tell Graham that Stan and Andy are very interested to know that he is building a K20A … small world

I agree, if it wasn’t for Jamie i wouldn’t have bought a sump!
I would imagine the R&D and then the tooling costs would be considerable and they need to recoup as much back as possible, in fact the first 25 probably don’t even achieve that.
Obviously an open forum is the not the place for these kind of discussions but i hope they look after you Jamie.
PS i’ve paid for mine so too late for the £100 but i’ll buy you beer when i see you :smiley:

Is that with a baffle plate? does the K20 suffer more on lefts?
We were surprised at the oil pressures at Anglesey, even in the wet we were seeing issues on the logs and definitely in the dry, hence sump.