Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

do you have a data logger on the car, can the ABS feed out params on CAN, be interesting to see the data

:slight_smile: one step ahead!
Yep, will link to Motec dash via CAN (which can log) and we’ll see about sending info to Syvecs for proper TC. In theory everything should be able to speak to each other throwing up some interesting possibilities.

cool, look forward to seeing how you get on

That is properly cool. Well need video antics :wink:

:slight_smile: as soon as i can!

Schroth Enduro Hans Harnesses arrived, ordered initially from Tweeks before Xmas but couldn’t deliver, Malcolm at MSAR sorted… :clap:

Few more pics of the ABS install…

Just enough space in the front so as not to need the footwell…

Brake bias removed and new adjuster installed together with light to show ABS off/malfunction…

Bracket and sensor for the fronts…

Sensor and ring for the rears…

Template for new splitter off to the carbon manufacturers…

Wow… some proper work in there - will be awesome!

Looking awesome! Great that the mod that started this thread has now been made! Can’t wait to see the car again…

I wish i could take some credit for this, as you say it is proper work; Trackfocused know what they’re doing with this kind of stuff, you just need to look at the cars current stablemates…

We have some very, very good and motivated people helping now with all aspects, engine build, mapping, aero etc which will put us in a much better position once we start to compete so perhaps missing the start of the season has been a blessing in disguise (though I would still like to get JDS to take a look/have input into the car, which i’m hoping we can sort in the near future).

Yes! ironically though almost the last mod!
I hope anyone searching the Bosch kit and coming across this thread feels they had a worthwhile read of 20+ pages now!!
I found very little in the way of first hand experience so i will pass on every bit of info i can here for those who are thinking of going down the same route!

Do love the build on this car, proper!

Finally managed to get down and collect engine from Ian, if you’ve not been to his place in Birmingham its everything you’d expect from a top engine builder…few spare K20’s ready to go!..

New Engine…

Billet Crank…

Have soaked the engine in WD40 and sealed it, the Darton sleeves are apparently really prone to rusting so extra care is needed until its put together!!

very very nice!

That is awesome! That’s a bit dangerous to have next door if you take your car to Dan at HPE.

You must be getting very excited to get the new engine and braking package out on circuit. It’s gonna be quite something :sunglasses:

:slight_smile:
its the first sleeved engine I’ve ever had, with Subaru’s there seemed to be an issue with liners dropping so always shied away. Ian was saying that he positions the sleeves in slightly higher so that when the engine heats up the aluminium block will expand to the same height, basically the engine integrity is designed to be strongest at working temperatures.

From the amount of cars outside i reckon dan (HPE) will soon need a bigger unit!
Just need to sort out the engine assembly when the dry sump arrives now as well as ordering oil tank & fittings (will be using brown & miller) and then that is it!

What blower is on this one again?