Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

:slight_smile:
its still early days, lets see what happens throughout the year and especially when we put more torque through the Quaife with the new engine, but so far its been faultless. Syvecs monitoring and policing gear changes also helps and stops me doing something that might cause damage i.e. it will delay a gear change to avoid damage on downshift as well as rev matching.

Round 2 of Time Attack this weekend at Snetterton, entry listā€¦

New engine sounds mega :sunglasses: Do you have a target output in mind or just more reliability? Looking forward to seeing the car at an event/trackday later this year.

Iā€™m with Tim too about the sequential,ā€¦youā€™d never get bored of that,ā€¦unless it proved unreliable, fingers crossed.

Disturbing lack of Lotus in TA this year. I reckon Gav or Dave or someone should pitch up as a OHW and shake things up a bit.

Ideally more power and reliability!! Ok, thats never going to happen but insight into thinking, aiming for 500bhp which would give 700bhp/tonne and that sounds like fun :slight_smile:
Speaking with Ian (Clockwise) he reckons the stroker is worth approximately 100/120 bhp over the standard k20. Dry sump, added to a bit of race fuel and my ā€˜man mathsā€™ puts it somewhere around 450-500bhp without changing the pulley, upping the boost and putting additional strain on the Rotrex. The weak point will then move down the carā€¦ gearbox, exhaust etc so i guess just see what happens after installation but we think the current setup should be good for that level.

Of all the things on the car iā€™ve had more negative comments about the Quaife sequential than anything else. Some people have had first hand experience, others have heard things, in my experience most sequentials are damaged through poor mapping but iā€™ll give an honest assessment of it as i go. With the torque probably going to 300+ on the new engine it will be given a real test and i guess then iā€™ll know a bit more about it, but so far its stood up to some fairly bruising track days.

I think there are quite a few cars & drivers that would do really well in TA and i hope you can persuade a few to enter! But just one caveat, there are some bloody quick cars in the series!

Couple of pics to show progress on trying to solve engine cover problemā€¦

New attachmentsā€¦

A bar added to rear for more rigidityā€¦

And more ventsā€¦

currently modifying the intake too so hopefully all added together we have solved the problem!

Looking good.

Is there car gonna be out again soon either in TA or a trackday? I might try and make it to the last round at Rockingham.

It will go back to APM Customs to make good all the paint/wrap & stickers but unfortunately function over form is needed now especially as weā€™re about to up the power.
Hopefully out for the last 2 rounds (so would be good to see you at Rockingham if all goes to plan) but it has been really slow progress for several reasons not least everyone is busy with cars already competing this season, which is only right. Iā€™m leaning more towards getting all the upgrades done in one go rather than clams constantly off/on but new engine is imminent and perhaps title of thread will have more relevance too :slight_smile: and then hopefully the wait will have been worth it!!

Freshly painted :slight_smile: ā€¦

you can see the exit tray (covered in gold tape) directly below the arrow shaped ventsā€¦

Just need yellow stripe and done.

Looks evil, fantastic work.

Cheers, i wish i could give it the attention to detail you are with your car! good luck with it and please keep the photos coming!
Being a Motorsport Elise iā€™m trying to keep the car as original as possible but i want it to be competitive and that trumps aesthetics to some extent.
Personally i enjoy the challenge of upgrading, solving small problems etc, so seeing other build threads where you tend to see 2 photos, one as was and one photo of the shiny new/refurbed part i know whats gone into that and appreciate the time and effort.
I am also lucky to be able to call upon SD Motorsport (Steven Darley) and Track Focused (Sean Cooper) both are good drivers, know their stuff and good to deal with as well as they tell me when Iā€™m being over ambitious with an idea!

Well likewise on the photos, I love the build threads keep it up :thumbup:

Cheers, just got the nod today from Ian that bottom end is built so should have some bling engine photos to show by the weekend!!
CR is 10.7:1 if a standard head gasket was used, we may drop a little by changing gasket thickness but would be interested to hear what others have gone with?

Engine Spec/build/new parts carried out by ian@clockwisemotion

K20 2.2 SC Bottom End

Omega pistons
OEM bearings
Con Rods (clockwise)
Thrust bearings
Bore + hone
Darton liners & install
Deck block
Crank 2.2 billet (clockwise)

Popped down to Time Attack today as it was at local track Oulton park, saw Turbotoasters car in the paddock but missed it out on track (public track time) though it seemed to be going well in a clip i found on youtube (first few seconds).

Scoob driver might need some new underwearā€¦

Subaru Impreza near miss at Oulton Park Tunerfest track time - YouTube

Holy ā€œbrown pantsā€ Batman :astonished:

wow lucky guyā€¦

Not had a chance to collect engine from Ian as yet, not in a rush though as still waiting for Dry Sump from AT Power and they reckon end of the month. However, in the meantime Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS kit has turned up and can be fittedā€¦

Its not a case of just ordering the kit, when you order you need to give them various bits of info, tyre circumference, car weight, weight distribution,drive info, number of teeth on ABS wheel etc and then some more data once youā€™ve set it up. Sean at Trackfocused is fitting as heā€™s done a few already on their own race cars.

We had these specially madeā€¦

Wow Chris that is quite literally a box of tricks :sunglasses:

With the new engine, sequential, dampers, ABS itā€™s gonna be an absolute weapon. I canā€™t wait to see it!!

Donā€™t forget about that Donny noisy day in Oct bud,ā€¦plenty time to get it together :wink:

I canā€™t wait to drive it!!
walking in the paddock last week has really inspired me to get the car finished, I think missing the start of the season took a bit of enthusiasm out of me and if you donā€™t push, the build will slide, but subsequently not competing has enabled us to improve the car.

Weā€™re hoping to get engine in sometime in August and then out and compete so hopefully October iā€™ll be there :slight_smile:

very cool toys!

:slight_smile:

Was speaking with one of the lads at Oulton who has fitted the kit and he said it was awesome, he mentioned it was really helping when braking in bumpy entries to corners, constantly adjusting. Looking forward to seeing how it works on track and learning how to get the best out of it.