Another option for ecu programming - info needed

Sorry, popcorn time is over!

Yep, definitely time for this…

Cheers :smiley:

i have always told guys how things work. It’s all been done before and if it hasn’t you got the idea here so knock yourself out…

Getting the progressive percentages right between the alcohol/gasoline injectors right is the tricky part, lots of dyno time…
In essence you are making a progressive octane blend of E85 in the cylinder head on demand along with the ECU having the safeguards programed in just incase something screws up…The stock ECU doesn’t allow for this hence the AEM.
You can see the project here… http://www.lotussport.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4508&start=220

Sometimes old high-school drop outs know a thing or two… :sunglasses:

Pesky I hope you have enough for everyone. :angry:

You probably won’t want to hear this, but there’s a good chance the ECU that’s testing now will be more mappable than your AEM when it comes to controlling the blend and with better safeguard control too.

I wouldn’t suggest fixing something that isn’t broken, but I would suggest chatting to the software engineers and finding out if it can do something that you would benefit from. The beauty of knowing the developers is that you can ask for features to be added!

Frank - not enough for everyone, but there’s always one in the cooler waiting for you :wink:

PS Don’t forget that USA & UK octane ratings are not equivalent iirc your 91 equates to our 95. Wonder if our beer ratings are similar? :smiley:

To be honest if there is something better out there I’m always lookin but there are only so many ways to skin a cat and AEM are already designing a smaller more powerfull ECU…Since my setup is plug and play I have no need to rewire the conections if I should change up…
Unless the program can just swap over I won’t be going back to the dyno to do this all over again for the same results…
All the features you could ask for are capable in the current AEM2…I tune with wideband and egt per cylinder…

[quote=Mr Pesky]Frank - not enough for everyone, but there’s always one in the cooler waiting for you :wink:

PS Don’t forget that USA & UK octane ratings are not equivalent iirc your 91 equates to our 95. Wonder if our beer ratings are similar? :smiley: [/quote]
One of these days old chap I’m gonna take you up on that…“cold” beer.

How about Easter 2012 (weekend April 6/7/8), Frank? Plenty of other exigers to meet too, I’d wager :wink:

Let me see that might be doable, I know my wife wants to do some traveling, just not sure she wants to do it with me… :smiley:

per cylinder wideband or just EGT?

The ecu will be pnp but with an intermediate loom that lets you extract wiring for additional features.

You’d need to map from scratch though so probably not worth the effort.

Without even seeing either though, I’d hazard a guess that this unit is more powerful than the AEM. That’s only based on the typical standard of ecu products from this manufacturer. Think Pi systems, Tag or Pectel for the kind of level I am talking about.

If you set sail in a week, you’ll be here by Easter :smiley:

6th April. Go North Frank. I’ll see you in Whistler. Now they have some good beer

[quote=Adamantium]per cylinder wideband or just EGT?

The ecu will be pnp but with an intermediate loom that lets you extract wiring for additional features.

You’d need to map from scratch though so probably not worth the effort.

Without even seeing either though, I’d hazard a guess that this unit is more powerful than the AEM. That’s only based on the typical standard of ecu products from this manufacturer. Think Pi systems, Tag or Pectel for the kind of level I am talking about. [/quote]MAP/MAF with EGT per cylinder wideband after the turbo… Tuning from scratch is not worth the effort or the gains you will see on a stock engine…sure you could tune the stock engine on the bleeding edge but there is still not enough to be gained by going standalone… Waste of time and money…
I guess it will be years before you’ll have anything worth the time and effort…

Unless you are going big time over 500 whp there is nothing really to be gained power wise over a good reflash…

If my AEM can power a few Pikes Peak cars and winning drifters I’d say it has the right stuff…

No more long distance sails for me Pesky I’ll fly thank you… :smiley:

It rains like hell at the bottom of Whistler in the spring… :frowning:

Frank at Anglesey ??? :crazy: Now that makes the trip worth doin !!! :smiley:

[quote=chrisexigegt]
Frank at Anglesey ??? :crazy: Now that makes the trip worth doin !!! :smiley: [/quote]

You’d better prepare yourself for a culture shock Frank…California to North Wales lol.

You’ve got canyons but in Wales they calls them Valleys boyo :smiley:

Frank - seriously dude, it would be absolutely fantastic to see you over here in 2012, so if at all feasible… :wink:

PS Adam - sorry for thread highjack - we’ll see you too at Easter :wink:

[quote=Benja][quote=chrisexigegt]
Frank at Anglesey ??? :crazy: Now that makes the trip worth doin !!! :smiley: [/quote]

You’d better prepare yourself for a culture shock Frank…California to North Wales lol.

You’ve got canyons but in Wales they calls them Valleys boyo :smiley: [/quote]

That run down the valley from Betys to the A55 is epic - especially if it was dry and guaranteed no coppers !!! :smiley: Rival any canyon in USA :wink:

but remember to keep your speed down, or your eyes on your wing mirrors!!!

Frank in the balti house !!
Tikka Massala and a naan … reckon you’d wanna emigrate to England after a taste of our finest dish :smiley:

Yeah that really sounds like English food… not an avocado in the whole freakin country…