340R v's Exige

PS forgot to mention - if I do happen to pass out, just ensure that Cellophane Sarah gives me the kiss of life

CAALLLMMM DOOOWWWNNN DEEEAAAAHH!!

[image]http://www.strathycruise.com/pics/toysoutofpram.jpg[/image]

This subject has been debated on this bbs many, many times, so I’m sorry if you don’t quite “get” the underlying sense of humour/pi$$ taking - it’s not your fault, cos you can’t be expected to be familiar with the last 4 years of posts

Of course, when you get to the Pesk’s age, you need to take a p@ss more often, and sometimes unexpectedly

\

This subject has been debated on this bbs many, many times, so I’m sorry if you don’t quite “get” the underlying sense of humour/pi$$ taking - it’s not your fault, cos you can’t be expected to be familiar with the last 4 years of posts

er? no. i do “get” it. Was just a bit of banter

I rest my case !!!

I’m just trying to stop the Exiges.com roof fasists!

N E V E R ! ! !

Some things in life just shouldn’t be tinkered with (go on, let me (and Pesky) have our little bug bear).

Well, I shall pass my fasist beating stick onto my good pal Churchill… Take it away fella!

hands Winston a bottle of whisky

"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty’s Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

Thank you buddy, couldn’t have put it better myself

im after a orange one, lol.

gives us lot something to talk about.

im after a orange one, lol.

gives us lot something to talk about.

Oh no!!! Now you’ll get the colour fasists started!!!

Black

Oh no!!! Now you’ll get the colour fasists started!!!

should i just say nothing, lol

nah, everyone open to their own opinion,

and i know there who is someone who doesnt shut up about the only colour is orange etc,

i dont blame him,

Sorry to interupt
But can someone answer my question, does the motorsport engine cover help and how much do they cost.
Taking the roof out wouldn’t be an option as my budget wouldn’t stretch that far.
By the way I like that elise with the spoiler

Wallsy

Motorsport cover (requiring painting & fitting) is �400 plus vat from Eliseparts.

Yes, it does keep the engine bay (& therefore the cabin) cooler.

Hi Wallsy,

cabin heat soak should not be the determiing factor in your decision making. i have had the pleasure of owning a 340R for 2 years before being forced to trade it in for an Exige because of compliance issues here in Australia. although I am very happy with my Exige now, i can tell you from experience that the feeling of driving and Exige out of the box does not compare to that of a 340R. i have had to spend a lot of money on upgrades to get a comparable grin factor from this car.

the open top feeling, the site of the road wooshing pat you through the perspex side walls, even seeing the front wheels turning as you steer are all part of the 340R experience that i have yet to emulate in ANY other car. even though the Exige looks like a road racer, the 340R does command a road presence that is very hard to surpass in ANY other car.

don’t worry about heat in the cabion, I re-iterate: the 340R does suffer from a lot of heat soak which was unbearable in summer days here, but I would gather would be tolerable in the UK. the best fun I ever had driving was in summer nights and winter days in the 340R.

so, although very impractical, it is not that far removed from an exige in that sense and i would agree with earlier post that neither car is suited to driving in the wet, but there’s nothing like the gazes you get from onlookers when you’re caught in a sudden downpour…part of the fun really…hence the strategically placed drainage holes in the floorpan.

if it’s a purely subjective opinion on the thrill of driving a car on the roads, then i can say with some confidence that I would gladly take the 340r back in a heartbeat.

hope I haven’t offended any fellow Exige owners here, or added to your confusion, but having had 2 years in each car, I think I can speak with some authority

I think if I lived in Australia like you I would share your viewpoint… but in rainsoaked England it’s a step too far (for me personally)

hey it’s not all fun in the sun here. with winter coming upon us, the mercury’s been dipping below 20 on some nights…and if i remember correctly it rained a few weeks ago too!

All together now…

P*SS ORRRRRRFFFFFFF

At least we get our roads salted as well

mhaney,

our roads get salted too, sea spray often blows in off our numerous sandy beaches.

Wah gertie wants to move there (although she’s never been!) I’m trying to put her off as I’m the next thing to a sun hating albino with no where enough cash to afford that silly luxury car tax

ok, we’ll call it even then… you’ve got me on the luxury car tax thing!