340R v's Exige

U can stop the air in the 340R by closing the small holes
in front of feet. U can do it using an aluminium piece or simply using a tape.

Better u can place a slide mechanism u can open and close to control the flow…

I think comparisons either way are unfair - both are excellent cars - uncompromising for those that what a real driving experience.

I have driven the Exige all day in 30C plus temps and it gets really hot inside - a sauna is not much of an exaggeration! The only modification needed was a platypus drinking bag and bite tube…

I would have both cars if I had the garage space…time to dig out the motorcycle gear if the weather looks wet!

Well I’m back, (almost), having had the cheapest Exige in the country with 60 something thousand miles on the clock I have gone completely mad and brought a 340R. why you might ask having had an Exige ? well it was a deal- you may have seen it on Ebay this week. Picked it up yesterday with 16,500 miles from Cambridgeshire. Stone chips galore, like mu old exige, prior to repaint, goes really well, two owners, every bill inc sale invoice, 190HP, rebuild by Illmor engineer @ 10,000 miles. Very happy at the moment!
SIMON.

The silver or yellow?

You sold/selling the Exige then?

Should be a lot of fun!

Ian

The Silver one, the Exige went about six months ago, just had a very short relationship with a Clio V6 225HP Mk2- not good ! Will have to get the 340R on the track soon. Has got A048M tyres on it do they last? Nice to hear from you Ian!

just out of interest what was wrong with the clio V6? as i was toying with the idea of getting one, but bought an exige instead.

Simon

That will Martin Leach from SELOC’s car then.

He put up pictures of you driving away yesterday.

Seems to be a good car and you got it for a very good price.

You may be interested to know that he has now relaced it…with a Ford Ka.

Edited to say I have AO48’s on my S2 Exige and the rears are being replaced today at 5,500 miles of which 1000 were gentle runnin in miles. Also did a day at Bruntingthorpe and 175 miles around Donnington on a Bookatrack day.

Not great but not too bad either. Toyo R888’s are half the price and are supposed to be out in the correct sizes anytime now.

Yup, that’s my baby that someone else is now molesting

The Silver one, the Exige went about six months ago, just had a very short relationship with a Clio V6 225HP Mk2- not good ! Will have to get the 340R on the track soon. Has got A048M tyres on it do they last? Nice to hear from you Ian!

If you get another 1,000 miles out of those 48s then you’re not trying hard enough

Didnt take you long RAWR

Toyo R888’s are half the price…

From where!?

I will find out where Rob with the S160 got them from.