340R v's Exige

Soo… are we saying that an Exige is just an Elise with a roof…?

From personal experience the 340r does have a form of cabin heating as hot air is permanently fed into the driver’s footwell. This cannot be turned off and is very hot in summer. I now have an S1 Exige, not quite as quick, but just as much fun and slightly more practical (and it has a heater which can be turned off).

here is a elise trying to be an exige, it doesnt work does it, [image]http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/ec/6f/95_12_sb.JPG[/image]
[image]http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/ec/38/d0_12_sb.JPG[/image]

i wouldnt want the exige to look like the elise or try to be, personally i just like the option of being able to take the roof off for a nice stroll in the summer, i like the hard lines with the roof on, and that its built just pratically as a race version,

i wouldnt mind getting out of a sauna once in a while,

si

The point here is that the Exige (S1 & S2) was designed to have a fixed roof.The S1 Exige is patently not “just an Elise with a roof”.

Mmm. Not very often I can look at another car and think “Spoilers a bit excessive”.

The point here is that the Exige (S1 & S2) was designed to have a fixed roof.The S1 Exige is patently not “just an Elise with a roof”.

But to be technical… It wasn’t “designed” with the roof, it’s the same chassis as the elise therefore it gains little extra “torsonal regidity” (thanks SniffPetrol!) with the roof in place… In fact the chassis has been designed with no roof at all!

However it was “styled” with the roof in place…

ponders about taking the roof off at Croft just to see Peskys reaction, imagines a stressed Eric image

Don’t do it.
At his age, strong emotions can be dangerous… he’ll have a fit!

Besides, we’ll all slap you…

The Exige rear clam is likely to blow off at speed, being not designed to run without the wind protection and overhang of the roof section…

Don’t try it - it’s not worth it !!

and I wouldn’t want the little feller upset…

LOL! You guys! I’ll bring ECG’s with me

Plus it still looks like it’ll be wet

But don’t worry folks, I get my sunroof fix from my Xantia LOL!

However it was “styled” with the roof in place…

ponders about taking the roof off at Croft just to see Peskys reaction, imagines a stressed Eric image

Nor would any of the aero work been done with it off.

Mark, if you take it off, expect it to leak more.

I’m with Pesky, these cars are meant to have a roof. In the same way an F1 car isn’t.

Ian

Ah but as stated many time before, there is no aero work on the Exige, it was mainly a styling exercise (for which I am grateful!) and have never seen a windtunnel in it’s life!

It produces a silly amount of drag and isn’t very slippy at all…

So, I’m not going to take my roof off, I’m over that phase, honestly

But don’t try it on with all this torsonal regidity malarkey and co-efficient of drag whats-it-do-dad

I’m with Pesky, these cars are meant to have a roof. In the same way an F1 car isn’t.

Ian

Careful, or you’ll be joining me in the next TV series of “Grumpy Old Men”.

Mark - please tell me that the “T shirt Surprise” is not a piccie of our beloved with the roof off

I don’t doubt you Mark, but where do the downforce figures come from?

Ian

Oh no!!! You’ve guessed the surprise!!! And a baby pink t-shirt too!

But it does come with a free rinse and blowdry… Looks like I’ll be busy as my hairdressing cohort will only be able to make the morning

I don’t doubt you Mark, but where do the downforce figures come from?

Ian

You’ve never worked with sales have you?

It’s like:

Lies…
Damned Lies…
Statistics…
Politicians…
Salesmen…

Mark, I work IN sales.

these cars are meant to have a roof. In the same way an F1 car isn’t.

lol,

sorry if i kicked something off.

Mark, I work IN sales.

Ah so can’t see the forest for the trees eh?

Locky, don’t worry about it, I’m just trying to stop the Exiges.com roof fasists! I say “do what thou wilt as long as it does not harm anyone else”

I say “do what thou wilt as long as it does not harm anyone else and it’s orange”

I’m just trying to stop the Exiges.com roof fasists!

N E V E R ! ! !

Some things in life just shouldn’t be tinkered with (go on, let me (and Pesky) have our little bug bear).

Ian