Y757BSG Black Exige

Mark

Difficult one! I was told that some work had been done on the chassis, although they did say it was only minor.

Don’t forget that 2 new rear tyres are needed - if you stick with the 39s, which are on the front, you’re looking at around �375.

So let’s say you pay �17750 incl tyres, & it’s all honky dory. Possibly a reasonable buy - if you intend keeping it for a long time. But what happens if you want to sell again in 2 or 3 years time, with a Cat D repair on record?

Caveat Emptor!

Yep it will always have history, but if it’s been checked and approved shouldn’t be a problem.

Obviously it will always be a few 000 less than a ‘straight’

So do you know any inspectors?

So do you know any inspectors?

Mark, speak with Duncan Males @ web page He owns an Elise & has repaired a few in his time - also located “not a million miles” from Bury!

Mark

Is it worth trying to get in touch with the last owner through Formula 1 in Newcastle or indeed the vendor? - he/she may be able to shed light on extent of the damage…

I’ve re-chassised/rebuit 2 Esprit Turbos & 2 Elans (plus looked over a number of damged/repaired Elises) over the years - would be more than happy to give the lil’ beast the once over with you…

Cheers Simon…

Just don’t roll it!

Thanks guys,

I take it the ‘just don’t roll it’ applies to all here, not just me. I saw the pictures of the yellow one and that was a straight car.

Not sure what to do really, but can never pass on a genuine bargain. Just got to make sure it is one and not a money pit, or worse!

Living down South means I don’t venture up that way too much, but will try and clear some time.

Prior to its accident, the yellow car had had at least one significant side impact, that I don’t believe needed any chassis fixes, and it has been suggested that weakened the roll-bar. Just my 2p.

Ian