Y757BSG Black Exige

Nice one Rob - might well pop over and have a gander myself - no way are they going to manage �17.5, but sub �16k - hmmmn. That chassis damage would be a big no no - how do you ‘repair them’? - went to look at an Elise for someone recently - damaged/repaired - chassis had a piece welded into it to repair it and front suspension supported by fabricated inserts in ali tub (seller was actually quite proud to point these out!)- frightening that someone has bought this car and its out there

Simon

Superficially all looks okay. But you need to get the thing checked over by an expert - the insurance company didn’t “write it off” for nowt! In my opinion, a couple of clams & door would set them back say �6K (tops!!!) to replace & get sprayed up at a dealer - so, the insurers must have reckoned that the chassis was buggered too! They may have been wrong, but you need to find out!!!

What more can I say?

Rob - nudge, wink, say no more, say no more - matey is after an Exige to track only - chassis is big, big ?mark

bloody hell lads, almost had a coronary when i saw the reg of the black exige. i just bought one- reg y776 bsg

So it did go, for an almost unbelievable…�18,255.00

Remember this was a Cat D write off!!!

Either someone has a real bargain on their hands or a whole-loada-trouble.

All I can say is the person who bought it has paid over the odds!

Even if it’s “straight”, it needed a couple of hundred quid spending on it (new rear tyres at least), & more like a grand to get it up to spec for track use - tyres, brake hoses & pads, & harnesses.

Yeh Rob, and its a ‘cut and shut’ - no matter what gloss you put on it! Begga me whats a good straight one worth then?? - prob is with bidding it gains an uncontrolled momentum - bin there, paid over the odds at auctions. Be interesting to see if this one turns up for sale at a dealers tho’

Bargain…not

Anyway, I thought Keenans rollbar did well personally. It had a hell of a smash (down an embankment onto a concrete ledge) and the rollbar saved both driver and passenger. I was under the impression that they were designed to go in the middle as this isn’t as important as the sides (where your head is).

Relisted!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31359&item=2433555425

How odd!?!..NOT. I see the successful bidder has had dealings with the salvage company before…are they in it together??..and they would have got away with it if it weren’t for those pesky forums!!!

Well with over 4 days to go its at over �16k and “reserve not yet met”

Reserve is “Sensible” though, apparently…

Reserve is 17.5K…can you think of more sensible ways to spend 17.5K??

Well, �17.5k just got me a low-milage Black Elise Sport 160S, I think that was more sensible!

Surprise, surprise - it is currently bid at �17.5k and reserve met!!

Some daft b**g*r

Another eBay timewaster!

http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=eliseelise

A new breed of timewaster - Internet tyre kicker??

Not sure why people bother advertising cars on eBay, most car auctions tend to end with some timewaster or another.

But then, I don’t understand why anyone would want to just bid on something for no reason…

Check out the time they make the bids…

(and when do the boozers kick out??)

So I spoke to the seller yesterday.

Asked him all the usual questions and he categorically stated that the chassis wasn’t damaged although he has no pictures to prove this.

New door and repair to front and rear clams.

I asked him the cheeky what is your bottom line and his reply was that the car owes him money and the reserve is as low as he would go.

Is this worth being tempted by? If so anybody know any good inspectors who would look at the car for me and report back or would it have to be taken away to a jig to be properly done.

And it’s black like Mike’s.