Winter Project

Looking good :slight_smile:

Show us those OZ wheels then Gav :smiley: I saw them…

S1 wheels Jonny…

Lol dagnamit :smiley:

Nice posters :wink: :smiley:

Ok so a little bit of an update on this.

It’s looking very unlikely that I’ll be doing the wide body car now (I know, I know).

Problem is the more I look into it, the more I’ve come to one conclusion. If your going to do it, then it has to be done properly! Unfortunately doing it “properly” will cost many, many English Pounds and also make a lot of the parts I already have redundant.

The whole ethos behind the build is to do it as cost effectively as I possibly can with the parts I have, so thats what it’s going to have to be… It’s so easy to get carried away spec’ing parts up, a bit like walking through Marks and Spencer’s food isle I suppose. I’ll have one of them, one of them, couple of you bad boys, then you get to the till and go - How f…ing much!!

So then, plan ‘B’…

Gav
I have changed my mind!!!
Dave

You want to see a picture of S2 factory Oz wheels???

Can the clams be cut to make a STD version of the same car but similar…I know what I’m saying :confused:

Tbh it’s a look I’d prefer, I like the size my car.

[quote=seriouslylotus]Gav
I have changed my mind!!!
Dave [/quote]

I’ll let you have a sniff of the petrol cap when it’s finished x

[quote=jonnyfox]Can the clams be cut to make a STD version of the same car but similar…I know what I’m saying :confused:

Tbh it’s a look I’d prefer, I like the size my car. [/quote]

It would be sacrilege to destroy them… They will find a home as they are I’m sure.

Certainly looking at the top down picture of the Plans Motorsport car, I cant see any reason why the wide body front clam couldn’t be used with the std rear…

Plan ‘B’ ain’t so bad though mind, I will be using the 07/08 GT3 clams instead…

Engine mount support brackets and the lower rear wishbone mounting brackets back from being blasted and painted. I will be looking to do the same to all such exposed ferrous items that tend to want to rust up quickly.

Just makes the whole job look good and is cheap to do…

Bit of a mixed bag of wishbones I’ll be using for the job…

Consisting of 2-11 modified front uppers, 2-11 GT4 modified rear lowers, modified rear uppers and just plain old standard front lowers. They’ll need to be prep’d and painted (toying with a funky colour on these), with new bushes and ball joints through out.

Lotus Motorsport (from here on in referred to as LMS) FIA approved T45 main roll hoop, A-frame and front cage section. Just offered up at this stage to make sure all is where it should be before bolting it down and finding it isn’t…

I was going to make an engine bay bulkhead myself. Reality of it is that it would take me an age to do, probably take a few attempts to get it right and would end up costing me a fortune in materials… Not to mention the f’ing and blind’n that would go with it!! I opt’d for the easy life and used the OEM GT4 bulkhead. It fits perfectly (as perfect as a Lotus part ever will do), was very cheap, and with a few mod’s and a reflective foil should look and act the part.

Guess what is going to be taking up the kitchen table all over the Christmas holiday?

Xante wearing a party hat? :smiley:

She’ll be wearing less than that Rob!! Lying on a bed of gold foil (alongside a bulkhead panel…)

Hard for me to make out the additional work - have you filled in the cut outs through the bulkhead & the pressed in stiffening brace?

Sorry Steve, just added a few more pics off my phone late last night. Plan was to get on with it over Xmas but that didn’t happen. I’m just at the stage where I can’t really do a lot as I’m waiting on others/parts arriving before I can proceed.

Yes, basically I’ve cut off and smoothed over all the holes, warts and dimples on the engine bay side of the bulk head. This is to give me the flattest working surface possible so I have half a chance of applying the heat reflective foil in a tidy fashion (without cocking it up). I will be running the loom differently so will cut my own holes as and where needed. I’ve also increased the hole size for the fuel inlet as I will be looking to run a ATL quick fill system and bag tank.

It’s up at the paint shop at the minute having the inside face painted in a light silver. The naturally dark colour of the bulk head when in place with the roof on makes the inside of the cabin quite a dark and dank place to be…

Its actually worked out better than I thought with this bulk head. As said, the original plan was to make my own and in doing so move it forward to increase space in the engine bay. The idea was then to put all the electronics in the passenger floor pan. Problem with that is that I wouldnt be able to put a passenger seat in and that would never do… So by using the oem design I should still be able to mount the ECU etc. inside on the bulkhead in the recessed area behind the A frame and still be able run with a pax seat :slight_smile:

Just been dropped off!

WOW :sunglasses:

nice work again!!