Winter Project

Something to keep me busy over the long winter nights…

The drivers side ‘B’ pillar is an interesting way of starting the build. Good luck :slight_smile:

LoL, that bit still needs to be removed…

So come on then, what are you up to. I can’t imagine you are restoring it back to as it left the factory??? :wink:

Carbon GT3 Gav…?

Something along those lines ‘ish’… Cant really call it a gt3 as it wont be one, I wouldn’t even know where to start to make one anyway, none of the factory gt3’s ever had the same spec or components on from the next as they were all being continually developed up until they finished them in 2010.

It will have the full carbon GT3 body work on and a variety of other nice one-off parts that I’ve managed to source from the end of the factory race program. Basic rules during the build will be “does it need to be there? no? then leave it off…”

Have no fear, It will all be done in the best possible taste of course… :kennyeverett:

I’ll be keeping a photo dairy of the build here, Im going to try and do as much of the work myself which may take a few weeks, months, ok years!. Ill just leave the more technical bits to someone who knows exactly what they are doing… JOHN>>>>>>> HELP!!!

First job is the worst job!

:sunglasses: and if does need to be there… mmm carbon :smiley:

Edit to say Good Luck mate :slight_smile:

No interest for you here Jonny, as I am sure its NOT going to be NA!!

look forward to seeing the work

nice space to work in too!

What are you using to clean the tub?

The abrasive side of a well used washing up sponge with some soapy water, I’m then using a tooth brush for all the little awkward spots. I’m not going too mad, just getting the worst of it off.

Cheers! I didn’t know if you had a special solution in the blue spray bottle. :blush:

GT3 front crash structure which orientates the radiator(s) to an inclined 45 degree angle for better cooling, it also gives a much stronger fixing point for splitters etc. I’m not looking forward to removing the old one…

[quote=TarmacTerrorist] I’m not looking forward to removing the old one…

[/quote]

Dremel + Lemmy = Job sorted! :smiley:

Sounds exciting! Look forward to seeing the fruits of your labour.

GT3/Pilbeam rear subframe which has some very interesting features when compared to the standard unit - Lots of extra gusseting, anti roll bar, wing mounting points, sections cut away to allow the upper wishbones to run at lower ride heights etc. etc. Far from standard…

Very interesting Gav … that rear anti-roll bar looks strangely familair …

Looks like a fun project

[quote=Mr Pesky]
Dremel + Lemmy = Job sorted! :smiley: [/quote]

THE Lemmy? From Motorhead??

Do you know something we don’t?

They say you can get these off in one piece… Yeah right!

offer up the std rad to see whats where