Why is the King K series thread locked ?

Yep, nice one Uldis

Dare I enquire as to cost of engine & gearbox refurb, please?

Gearbox refurb was about �400 including shipping, and engine-wise, don’t know have to make numbers, will let Simon quote on that, but it wasn’t really expensive.
Mind you, I still have to send Simon some money

Remember TT and his �3500 rebuild? well that sounds pretty expensive compared to this

So is it happy to hit 8.5k rpm all the time? From the sounds of things it seems much better

And Mark, happy? it wants to live up there. But I won’t let it. Not always
The thing is, you don’t really need that kind of power on the road, and at the track I still plan on shortshifting as a general rule. Remember that wear, on this or any engine, comes from high revs.

Will just let those last 1K rpm to get me out of tight spots, or if because of gearing it makes more sense to continue.

nice nice Uldis…
So what sort of figures r achiveable with a 1.9 bottom
and a good build?

cheers,
Nicolas

Will just let those last 1K rpm to get me out of tight spots, or if because of gearing it makes more sense to continue.

V. nice! I just know on track I’d get carried away and be redlining it anyway but it’s a good rationelle!

Really good result Uldis - thats a “real” 210 hp - Should be interesting to see further comments

Uldis
Fan-blooming-tastickk…

Very smooth power/torque curves… can’t wait to get a run in it to ‘feel’ the dfference

Hope you get the other niggles sorted anytime soon.

V. nice! I just know on track I’d get carried away and be redlining it anyway but it’s a good rationelle!

Then you could do as I’m going to and fit a shiftlight ( Ian), so you have the light come up at say 7800, soft cut limiter at 8700 and hard cut limiter at 9000. So you can ignore the light if you need to.

nice nice Uldis…
and a good build?

cheers,
Nicolas

Don’t know, but I suppose… more? (225-ish?)
The thing of the 1.9 is that it’s very easy to do, so may well be worth it.

Really good result Uldis - thats a “real” 210 hp - Should be interesting to see further comments

In fact, as I said, I will work now on external mods. Wanted to stay with the Titan TB’s because everyone said they were shite. Ok, they may not have the best idle but they’re not bad.
Will work now on trumpet lengths and I think that there I could get from 3-5 horses and the Valentine exhaust (remember, it’s going to be VERY different to anything you’ve seen), which I guess could give from 5-10 horses.
So I should be able to end up with something from 218 to 225 BHP

We’ll see.

Fan-blooming-tastickk…

Very smooth power/torque curves… can’t wait to get a run in it to ‘feel’ the dfference

Hope you get the other niggles sorted anytime soon.

And you will feel it soon, my friend, provided we meet at a trackday (unlikely this year) or meet soon for a drive, hopefully before the snow arrives.

I know you’ll like it

Then you could do as I’m going to and fit a shiftlight ( Ian)…

Sod it I say! Fit the shift light but get it to turn on at 5.5k! More like a claw at the dash and shreik like a cheerleader light

Still 9k! Very very very sweet!

Sod it I say! Fit the shift light but get it to turn on at 5.5k! More like a claw at the dash and shreik like a cheerleader light

Still 9k! Very very very sweet!

remember RL… no-one can hear you screeemm…

[quote
Then you could do as I’m going to and fit a shiftlight ( Ian), so you have the light come up at say 7800, soft cut limiter at 8700 and hard cut limiter at 9000. So you can ignore the light if you need to. [/quote]

9k !! in a K !! She’s gonna blow cap’n.

Bernard

I know, I really don’t intend to rev past 8.5K, I promise.
It’s just that it’s the way Dave Walker set the hard cuts and 8.5K is supposedly safe…

Very interesting comparing your graph with SteveBs on

http://www.auto-teknix.co.uk/raceelise.htm

Seems a good power result. Wouldn’t worry much about the Titans, you may find they’re better for top end anyway.

Bri

Very interesting comparing your graph with SteveBs on

http://www.auto-teknix.co.uk/raceelise.htm

Seems a good power result. Wouldn’t worry much about the Titans, you may find they’re better for top end anyway.

Bri

The Titans are 45 bore whereas Jenveys are 42 so the Titans should be better at the top end where this engine is developing its power. Very linear power delivery but not so sure I would feel comfortable revving the nads off it all the time.

So Uldis, are you going to put lots of miles on it so we can see how it hangs together ?

Bernard

Fantastic result Uldis - good to see a decently powerful and affordable K-series!

and a good build?

Do you or does Simon know what are the likely sums involved in building a 1.9? Very tempted now to build a supercharged 1.9K, but the budget is very tight now…

i could be interested ina highly tuned 1.9…

Fantastic result Uldis - good to see a decently powerful and affordable K-series!

and a good build?

Do you or does Simon know what are the likely sums involved in building a 1.9? Very tempted now to build a supercharged 1.9K, but the budget is very tight now…

The idea of building a hand grenade engine when budgets are tight seems a bit silly to me.

The idea of building a hand grenade engine when budgets are tight seems a bit silly to me.

Better a cheap hand grenade than an expensive one though surely ?

Bernard

Very true. It would make a good weapon of choice for suicide bombers to boot. Just drive into a crowded area at 9000rpm and BOOM.