Which ARB for Nitrons?

What ARB are people running with their Nitrons?
Also what poundage springs are favorites for Nitrons and A048s?

Cheers

I think you’ll find 325/400 (front/rear) are the norm and good for road and track. There’s somebody running 400/something and the mad mike lane with 600/650, a Gavin Kershaw inspire track setting.

If you do a search on ‘325’ you’ll find several links on the subject.

Ian

Not aware of anyone actually changing the ARB from standard. I’m still on standard Exige springs/dampers, & I’ve played around with the ARB settings - found too much oversteer with the ARB at its stiffest, so have reverted to the “factory” mid setting.

Suggest that after you have fitted the Nitrons, you try various ARB settings at a trackday, & go for which suits you best

Yea, thats the plan… I am going with 425/500lb as my car will be slightly heavier and run A048s full time. I had the Raceline ARB on my elise and was considering that one again. but I’ll try with the standard one and see how I get along.

Carsten

Forgot to add that I do of course run 048s.

Sorry for asking, but have the brakes been “upgraded” (braided hoses/CastrolSRF fluid/either Pagid RS14s or Mintex 1144s)? If not, you’ll find this to be the best upgrade, before doing anything else

Thats also the in the pipeworks… Its already got braided hoses but the discs need changing (Eliseparts or Mutnutts…hate the rusty ring and worried about padgid clearance on the muttnutts considering they use larger ali bells) Padgids 14’s and brakefluid flush planned.

I run the standard ARB on full stiff with 400/475 Nitrons (6F & 5R from full stiff) I also run different Geo (very little toe out at front 340R at rear, lots of camber all round).

As for brakes, Big Mutts Nuts on the front (I’ve got Geary’s on the rear as I already had them) and SBS Carbon Ceramic brake pads, almost half the price of Padgis and VERY good. Don’t use SRF as it isn’t worth it (use the top normal Castrol stuff) and braided hoses.

I am going with 425/500lb as my car will be slightly heavier and run A048s full time

You running it on the road too? Why is it heavier?

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers, Ian

SBS Carbon Ceramic brake pads

Hi Mark,

Where you’d let them and are they okay from cold?

You saying they’re better than Pagids?

Ian

[quote Why is it heavier?

[/quote]

Do we have to guess, or are you not saying?

Erm… keeping it quiet for now… but lets just say its more in keeping with Lotus race history than the 'yota

(runs off to put cat back in bag)

Duratec

Ian,

I’ve never run Pagids so can’t compare but at the price (�140ish for full set) I couldn’t grumble.

They can be noisey (very sometimes) but that is variable, and they do work from cold, but get a lot better when hot, and a lot quieter.

Don’t know best place to get them, I got them from the importer as a favour but I know that Guglielmi Motorsport 01327 878425 sell them. Steve Guglielmi recommended them, and said they were almost as good as Pagids.

Duratec

Nah, he’s been stealing fire pump engines off the Fire Engines at Stansted, better hope you never have an emergency landing there

Also what poundage springs are favorites for Nitrons and A048s?

What does ARB stand for??

Anti Roll Bar

• see a civic type-r driver doesn’t know about these things!!

Anti Roll Bar

Yea, thats the plan… I am going with 425/500lb as my car will be slightly heavier and run A048s full time. I had the Raceline ARB on my elise and was considering that one again. but I’ll try with the standard one and see how I get along.

heavier… did i hear heavier WTF…

Duratec

ahhh…‘ding’ i think they say now…