Wheel Arches

Tone

I still have the old one with holes in the loft if you want it

Hmmm, interesting mod.
I was just thinking on glueing some more plastic to the back…

The latter front left WAL if modified to allow more movement and protect the oil cooler hoses a little see
HERE >

Andy

can you explain what i’m looking at as i can’t see the mod ?? it just looks like a new and an old front drivers wheel arch liner sitting side by side to me…

and what does WAL mean ??

i can be slow on the uptake with some of this stuff…

Rox
I’m not very technical on cars but given the subject matter - My guess a WAL is a Wheel Arch Liner (Only my opinion of course)

Tone

Spot on
Roxx - the “mod” is the height of the liner has been increased by about 10mm locally - you can see the old liner just follows the arc, the new one has a sort of raised square platform in it

ahhh click… lights on now…

so is that how Lotus are supplying them now?

Yup … about 60 quid i think I reckcon 5 quid to mak e it - not including the original tooling investment.

So - modify your existing ones with some PP sheet and rod and a mini gas torch to plastic weld the extra in - like brazing … only with plastic

…in fact, I wonder if that’s what happened to EVOSAL’s new project?!

Ian

You can ask him if you are going to the SELOC Bedford trackday

AH! I was beginning to worry!

I checked today, mine has always had these modded ones. Probably because it was one of the last cars made. And there was me beginning to think I wasn’t trying hard enough! I’ve still had rub even with this design.

One question, should there be any panel cover for the front light access in the ‘WAL’? If so, I’ve lost both of mine.

Ian

IDG

There should be a rubber bung in the hole…

Well unless mine have been stolen, then I guess it’s an element of the car Lotus didn’t put their best engineers on!

I feel a call to the B&C parts dept coming on. Anybody know that they cost?

Ian

Ian

For some reason the hole on the newer liner was bigger, meaning my “bung” fell out - its held by tank tape now …

You can ask him if you are going to the SELOC Bedford trackday

Yeah and no Uldis …

And probably not going out much since the emergency appendectomy a few days ago…

:stuck_out_tongue:

And probably not going out much since the emergency appendectomy a few days ago…

Good to know the NHS worked out this time

• you ok now ?

Yep, albeit walking and moving in the house VERY slowly.
It’s amazing how much you need to use the abdominal muscles for all movements, you kind of take that for granted (until you have stitches in you belly)

Started with what I felt like a bad indigestion, but got worse through the night, until I just told my wife I was going to the hospital. Somehow this didn’t feel normal. She needed to take the kids to school so took a taxi.
On the way called work and told them I would probably miss the meeting.
After passing through several doctors (all same diagnosis) at midday I was opened up.
Perfect timing as the intense diarrhea and vomit the night before cleaned me up well inside, diagnosis was easy and I had gone on time so there was no infection.
Nipped it off and I was back home next day. This all happened Thursday.
I am walking about in the house now feeling always a little bit better.

But this might delay me putting back the car together in time for Cadwell.

Will see.

Glad you’re OK…

Some people will go to any lengths to trim weight from their cars !!!

Glad you’re on the mend, Uldis.

Did you get yourself “toleranced” whilst they were at it?

I guess “blueprinted and balanced” was the word.

Yep!