What "facts" about your lotus have you heard that are wrong

Inspired by [mention]seriouslylotus[/mention] comment ;

What “facts” or myths have you heard that in your experience are simply not true?

Maybe it could be adapted to biggest cliches…

How many times have you read you “post” yourself into an exige.

Or have to be contorted.

When in fact you just put one leg in at a time … simples!

Does it blow headgastket mister?
Isnt that a K series?

I wish I could dispute this one :blush: :laughing:

Usual ‘you know what that stands for…’ :roll_eyes::sleeping:

Or, is it the one with the Toyota engine in.

Loads of trouble usual serious. Utter bullshit keyboard warriors love to hang onto to.

Exactly, can’t remember you ever having an issue with your S2. and mine’s been the same. :slight_smile:

Not quite the exact question asked by the thread, but as far as misconceptions go I usually find that non-car people assume that any Lotus is some supercar monster which does 6mpg and has a ‘massive engine’ and will do 200mph etc.

On the other hand it seems like ‘car people’ (who are not Lotus people) all assume it’s a 118bhp k-series :mrgreen: (not that there’s anything wrong with those)

1. It doesn’t look very comfortable
  2. How do you get in?

On a personal note, why did Lotus bother with a radio when I can’t hear it above 20mph? Which might just explain why I’d had my S1 for 7 years before I found the CD slot… :flushed:

New buyers had to supply their own radio for the S1, Lotus only supplied the gubbins for it to work.

I’ve had people ask if it’s a Kit Car :crazy:

I had someone ask if mine was a Ferrari once… the insult !!

Had someone say ooohhhh look at the Lamborghini, then again she was only about 6yrs old but at least she knew some cars

:open_mouth: LAMBORGHINI ! “

Had this too :grin:

Most memorable was a truck driver at a highway petrol station many years ago who actually got down on his knees and waved his arms down to the ground :smiley::joy:

The kids are the best though. It’s just wonderful seeing their reaction :blush::blush:

Some interesting ‘facts’ being discussed here, most of which I wasn’t aware of until I read this thread, but guess I will encounter some in the future. :slight_smile:

I have certainly heard this before, but, being new to Lotus, I cannot comment as yet, but would be interesting to see how it goes. However, whilst #138 is being prepped, I have indeed found some let’s say ‘firsts’ that I haven’t come across before. As such, much like the Alfas and Renaults I ahve owned/own, I put that down to the character or quirkiness of Lotus.

The thing that I found fascinating was that my RGB #138 had the Torsen LSD option specified from the factory, as confirmed by Andy Graham of Lotus Archives, but this is not on the original sales invoice, so the first owner (who perhaps ticked the option) was never charged for it by the supplying dealer, Stratstone of Leicester. I only found out when the gearbox was taken apart to install a Quaife ATB differential. :confused:

The last owner, who sold it to Jon Seal, also didn’t know! I could have saved myself the better part of £1,000 had this been listed in the sales invoice…oh well.

You still got that Torsen Diff? :mrgreen:

I will, when I take delivery of #138, and all the bits there removed from it…
You want to help me recover most of the £1,000? :smiley:

Maybe not “most” of it, but I reckon I could assist with “some” :mrgreen:

Okay, PM me your offer and we can take it from there…I was planning on keeping all the original parts with #138, as I normally do with my cars, but I may be persuaded to part with the LSD.