Wet Night Driving

Well that was one of the worst drives home. Not only is the wiper so useless it just smears the screen, the lights are so bad that you can’t see the road so you can’t spot the standing water so in turn the tyres try and spit you off the road!

I swear my Elise was not this bad.

Use the force…

The main beam is rather good I reckon but dipped is poor I agree.

you S2 drivers really are a bunch of girls

the lights are so bad that you can’t see the road

see the other thread regarding HID conversions - if there is enough interest we could try for a group Exige buy?

I find the headlights and wiper much better than my Audi’s.

Agree that the wipers not that good. Thought it was just mine…not going to bother buying new ones now.

The lights are sh*t (full beam is good). The wiper is ok when just cleaned the screen and blade…but after a day or two they go back to being smeary!

Last time I’ll post this as people will think I’ve got shares…

I assume everyone has got the S2 wiper arm fitted (as it’s much better than the S1). Get off down to Focus DIY, Poundstretcher etc and get yourself a set of JML Wonderwipers. 2 blades for �5. Replace the rubber only (throw the plastic bit in the kit away) and you’ll have a wiper that cleans the whole screen without missing bits or juddering.
They should last 12 months but at �2.50 each who’s complaining.
I just stocked up with 4 years supply

It’s just the rubber and the grease deposited on your screen.
Change the rubber as above or order a new blade from Eliseparts, clean the OUTSIDE of your screen with wet newspapers (and then dry) and you’ll see a world of difference.

I use Clearalex windscreen washer additive. �1.99 for 4 sachets. One sachet does 2 litres but use more to get rid of persistent oil film, then revert to standard strength.
I wouldn’t use anything else. They also come in tablet form.

i replaced my wiper after 3 weeks with a PIAA silicone one. it will be the best �17 you ever spend.

(24’’ - the blade isn’t deep enough to catch the extreme edges but you can’t have everything.)

bad wiper and poor headlights are fitted as standard to slow us down in poor conditions - it’s a safety feature!

I absolutely HATED my headlamps the first time I drove mine in the dark. They seemed to be pointing straight down at the road. Also, the beam pattern seemed to almost have a gap directly ahead of the car, it seemed very dipped in the middle.

The car was going back to Nick Whale’s anyway, so I asked them to fit the official Lotus upgrade bulb kit, and adjust the beam pattern. They fitted the bulbs, but said the lamps were already at the maximum legal height. I felt they had been so bad that I would raise them slightly anyway. To fix the ‘gap’ in the middle, I adjusted the left lamp to point slightly more to the right.

I’m now very happy with my lights, they seem more than adequate and it cost me a lot less than a set of HIDs.

Only thing is, I did all of this at once. I don’t know whether the bulb upgrade or the adjustment made the biggest difference.

Only thing is, I did all of this at once. I don’t know whether the bulb upgrade or the adjustment made the biggest difference.

in the interests of science I think you should go and put the old bulbs back in to see.

As we are in the S2 section, I assume that the bulb upgrade you speak of is not available for S1s?

Stupidly, I forgot to ask for my old bulbs

I think they offer an upgrade for the S1 as well, but they’re obviously different. I can’t vouch for the effectiveness of them.

Osram Sliver or Philips Vision Plus are good upgrades for the S1 lights

I forgot to tell you Steve; I put some Halfords’ ‘Rally’ upgraded bulbs in your car I think they were the 90W ones. Maybe.

I forgot to tell you Steve; I put some Halfords’ ‘Rally’ upgraded bulbs in your car

Ah, so that’s why Fiona occasionally goes “off piste”

And is regularly out “on the piste”

Now, now. That was purely accident avoidance…

I thought it was just mine!

Silicon blade and some new bulbs will be at the top of my Christmas wish list!

I’ve eventually got my car back after some work to the rear clam and a few other goodies. I had some HID’s fitted while it was at Sinclaires which are a great improvement over the standard bulbs

However they seem to interfere with my radio, the reception drops considerably when the HID’s are switched on, anybody got any ideas to what could be causing this or had similar experiences to this