Weight of Toyota S2 Exige please?

How heavy is the N/A S2 Exige please?

Also comments on these cars would be most welcome!

Mulling over… or just spend 2K on suspension/brake upgrades on a ‘K’ series Elise (lighter than the S2 Exige??) :crazy:

Many thx,

Pete. :wink:

Pete

Don’t YOU bother with any S2 without Performance Pack AND aircon, mate :wink:

I may know of a good one - I’ll make a phone call tomorrow & let you know :slight_smile:

PS Of the 3 you mention, WillB is who I’d deal with :slight_smile:

From the book, weight with a full tank of fuel is 875kg.

The top one (04 saffron yellow) is the same era and colour as mine and might already have the twin oil coolers, worth checking if it interests you.

But as Pesky said…

Looks like prices are starting to firm up a little…

Boothy

p.s. red is the colour :smiley:

[quote=Mr Pesky]Pete

Don’t YOU bother with any S2 without Performance Pack AND aircon, mate :wink:

I may know of a good one - I’ll make a phone call tomorrow & let you know :slight_smile:

PS Of the 3 you mention, WillB is who I’d deal with :slight_smile: [/quote]

Thx Rob…

Yes Will is a very nice chap… the problem is his red car has no a/c or performance pack!!! :frowning:

Pls PM me with a heads up about the ‘may’…! :crazy:

All will need Nitrons etc… so add 2k!!! :frowning:

mines 990kg with full tank and me (i’m about 95kg)

Have you seen this one Pete?

Guess you will be fiting the SC soon then!!! :smiley:

Welcome… and enjoy the banter!

Pete. (90kg’s!!!) :smiley:

[quote=pritch23]From the book, weight with a full tank of fuel is 875kg.

The top one (04 saffron yellow) is the same era and colour as mine and might already have the twin oil coolers, worth checking if it interests you.

But as Pesky said… [/quote]

875 your having a :smiley:…no way!! I mean I fecking wish but with AC and touring and half a tank 915-925 easy. Mine’s 889 with AC and various, ok loads of bits changed over and Will’s was 869 or somethng and he’s cut loads. But yep Rob and pritch are right AC way to go, not sure about PP as not to expensive to mod. And twin oil coolers can be changed first time the front clam comes off…and it will come off lol :whistle:

[quote=lotusgray]Have you seen this one Pete?

[/quote]

Good find, Graham.

That’s actually very similar, colour spec etc (but not the same car) to the one I have in mind, Pete.

[quote=Mr Pesky][quote=lotusgray]Have you seen this one Pete?

[/quote]

Good find, Graham.

That’s actually very similar, colour spec etc (but not the same car) to the one I have in mind, Pete. [/quote]

That is nice, colour is excellent!

Yeah I like that Blue one.

MY08 Sports Pack and AC is now 901kg with half a tank.

Have removed heavy OEM exhaust system and battery.

[quote=Mr Pesky][quote=lotusgray]Have you seen this one Pete?

[/quote]

Good find, Graham.

That’s actually very similar, colour spec etc (but not the same car) to the one I have in mind, Pete. [/quote]

Cheers guys…

Yes. I called up about that blue one… it has had SEVEN owners!!! :crazy:

I would ideally like to find a car with under 20K miles, 2 owners max, and sports pack with a/c…

Ideally 2006 or later so the revised pedal box is there… I cannot get on with the earlier ‘LONG’ pedal!

All for under 19K!!!

Am I dreaming??? Probably. :frowning:

no I reckon you’ll find that mate between now and Feb…what’s the rush!

No rush… but my garage is empty!!! I like tinkering mate! :wink:

Besides it is then a ‘legitimate’ target for Christmas prezzies! :smiley:

You will have done well if you do get one, an 06 with less than 20k miles will be asking �20k plus so be prepared to barter hard.

I got mine down �2500 from asking price.

My standard S2 n/a was 896kg with a.c. and PP. My mates with PP and touring pack was ~20kg heavier weighed same day I think. Be aware though that the earlier ones (prob pre 06) without the touring pack and PP really didn’t have ANY sound deadening. Mine is louder on the inside with the standard airbox and exhaust than any i’ve been in with touring packs no matter how much they’ve spent on fancy carbon airboxes and oblongular exhausts. So i’d recommend a ‘motorway joining speed’ test drive in both.

Pete, you should really speak to RussT about the long pedal. He had an 04 N/A & the brake pedal/feel etc was fantastic. I’ve no idea what adjustments were made to get it that way though.