V8 ....what should I buy

Thing seem to be a bit quiet on here so I’ll throw this in for a debate.
Just back from NZ watching the Formule 5000 cars…thunderingly awsome my favourite racing cars :smiley: .
Its best part of 50 years since I owned a V8 so was wondering …only wondering . :unamused: …what interesting affordable V8 is there on the market if I was ever to swap the Exige (I’m not)…just dreaming .
Have Fun All

I had an E39 M5. Great car (should have kept it) but they’re getting on a bit now.

I think the answer has to be AMG. The 6.2 in the last shape C63 is an awesome motor. I have the 5.5TT in my E63 which is an absolute sledgehammer of a power plant. The 4.0TT in the latest cars is also something special. In all of them you know that there’s a V8 up front which is after all what you want.

None of them and to swap for the Exige obviously! You want a V8 in a roadcar to drive to the track not around it :smiley:

Hmm, this is a Lotus forum so I am going to say Esprit V8 :wink:

Jaguar XKR or 8. Certainly cheap to buy, not to run. I had one once, it was not to my taste but it was a great cruiser. I preferred the Jaguar S type R. Also v8 supercharged, much under rated. I had about 5 of them. I work for the Ford Premier Performance Group, so I got a new one every 6 months. Never had any faults or reliability issues, but they where all new.

Keith

Rover SD1 :eh:

Mustang GT500 Shelby … 2019 model with 700 HP - with towbar …

Now that sounds better in all the senses…huge car though .
dare I mention an older *organ V8…friend has one and it sounds good and looks " kinda crude" :smiling_imp: … could be fun

How about 4 x 2CV’s?

:clap: :crazy: :crazy:

I have a soft spot for an Aeromax…

Me too.

Agreed, loved watching the Morgan GT3 race some years ago at Silverstone. Maxime Martin was one of the drivers and he’s doing okay now, AMR factory driver…

That’d be a flat-8…

…but anyway, Mustang has to be the way to go!

Why have none of you Caterfield enthusiasts mention this… :unamused:

That could blow the cobwebs away :astonished:
caterhampic3.png

Because you just don’t need 8 cylinders in a Caterham Clive :smiley:

I am able to confirm that 3cylinders is not ideal in a Caterham :unamused:

I must try one again …last time at Exiges day it was wet,freezing and generally not ideal for a first time …maybe I should hire one of Jonny’s next time. :astonished:

Yes you should. Exigers seem to really like Caterhams :thumbup:

Wet, freezing,…like yesterday morning at Donny,…absolutely fantastic :sunglasses:

My E39 M5 will be up for sale in a couple of months. It’s a 2003 car so will be one of the last UK cars sold. I’ll probably regret it but needs must!