V6 Cup - Black Edition

Next question is… I would like to hard-wire the power… I noticed this connector in the area… so I wondered… what is it for? lol!

Any ideas?

The one with blue clip is for the airbag ECU. The pink and yellow one is for the passenger airbag, so will be dead, as no ECU fitted.
Be slightly careful, as the airbag ECU is unfused. For obvious reasons!

1 Like

In which case, I may find a better candidate :wink: Thank you!

Radio plug is your best bet, as an opposing ISO connector is readily available.

Just noticed the 2 x USB power sockets on the passenger side lower dash cubby hole - managed to get a nice feed from there and it works perfectly! :ok_hand:t2:

Also wanted to add that while laying with my head in the footwell, next to the fire extinguisher, I found the reason that my lifeline extinguisher system won’t pass it’s electrical test… it’s, err… not plugged in to the extinguisher, lol! That’d probably be a very good reason, I guess… :joy:

Curious how you get on with the Catalyst. Very interesting idea!

It’s that time of year! Service and MOT, so where better to take the car than…

2 Likes

And you haven’t called in to Chez Bond for a brew ?

If I’d have known you were nearby…

Currently still enjoying Dave & John’s company… and watching Dave tempt John into buying the new GR Yaris :wink:

I will be kinda close on your way home.

@JDS do it!

1 Like

Price first!!
Although may have registered an interest with local Toyota dealer/TGB.

From what I understand its allocation by TGB.

£40k up is also the rumour.

Sorry for thread hijack @matt447.

Had a great day with the very amiable fellows at Seriously Lotus - will definitely go back again! Thanks to Dave and John for looking after me and my car so well! (And trying their best to tempt me with lots of upgrades too!)

2 Likes

Great to meet you Matt. Your car colour is very cool.
Even Henry seemed excited!

Not much to report at the moment as I’m waiting on a number of things arriving!

I’ve ordered… A052 in standard sizes to replace the ageing Pirelli Trofeo R’s, an Aerie carbon fibre cup 430 style wing (some bits missing from the box so still can’t fit it yet!) and GRP V4 rear lights!

I’m also toying with some different alloys… but might take my time deciding on that one :slight_smile:

Hopefully can update with some pictures soon! :+1:t2:

Other than that, I’ve been taking advantage of the nicer weather and using the car lots recently - stonking fast and lots of character! And lots of squeaks and rattles :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Nicer weather… send it my way, not had a break in rain for weeks.

Interested to see your choices for the alloy wheels.

Need to sort out a spigot ring… and some slim nuts! And some tyres… but they’re going to look epic!

3 Likes

Oh yes, they do look good.
Current tyres don’t fit the new wheels?

They’d fit just fine, but they’re quite old rubber now…