Upgrades for winter!

The season is already over … so its time to upgrade my car a bit for nxt year… Here is my list so far…

\

1. New suspension …I guess Nitron NTR Sport Adjustable Dampers should be ok…?

2. Nylantron wishbone bushes.

(aware of the work/maintanance regarding the nylantron but I think Ill go for it.)

1. Nylatron ARB bushes

2. New ARB… not sure about this one?? maybe its ok to keep the standard ???anyone have experience with uppgraded ARB compare to standard??

Almost finsihed (waiting for 1 last part) upgrading my brakes so dont need any upgrades there…
    Also

I havent order anything yet but will shortly… Im thinking to order it from Plans or elisparts, I guess the quality is the same.?

Feel free to comment and add stuff to my list (not sure if I forgot something) … Its basically a standard Exige 190

1. Nylatron ARB bushes

2. New ARB… not sure about this one?? maybe its ok to keep the standard ???anyone have experience with uppgraded ARB compare to standard??

Not sure what’s led you to these two? Not heard of many problems or real need to change them.

Ian

new A048’s!! ive been driving my 3/4 slicks in the cold wet and ice for over a week now!! Damn garage kerbed my wheel while they changed the wheels though
Think ill restore the interior

1. Nylatron ARB bushes
  1. New ARB… not sure about this one?? maybe its ok to keep the standard ???anyone have experience with uppgraded ARB compare to standard??

Not sure what’s led you to these two? Not heard of many problems or real need to change them.

Ian

Well… im not sure eather,but Quote plans “A stiffer anti roll bar is essential when upgrading dampers.”… soo??? doesent anyone use a upgraded ARB?

Quote plans “A stiffer anti roll bar is essential when upgrading dampers.”… soo??? doesent anyone use a upgraded ARB?

I think that is referring to the Elise, rather than the Exige, which has an adjustable ARB as standard.

Agreed, I spoke to Plans a while ago and there standard Exige S1/Nitron package leaves the stock ARB in place.

My S160 had a std Elise ARB and even with the 325/400 Nitrons I ran on that I never felt the need to upgrade the bar.

I see… looks like I will save some money then

But anoother ?.. Does anyone here geo their own car?? And what kind of tools do you use??? I would like to do it myself even if I have 0 knowledge about it…

Nice geo tools here… but not for free
http://www.advancedracing.com/products7.php?prod=smartcambergauge

I have done mine a few times … and have the following stuff

• Dunlop camber / castor gauge
  • Dunplop turntables ( good for castor checking ) - once …
  • Bump steer gauge ( used once …)
  • Dunlop optical toe gauge - no good for checking centre line though …
  • A corner weight gauge
  • two long straight metal “U” sections and two shorter ones to make a measuring cage ( like string but solid .) - alwyas use this method now for checking toe
  • An easy to read ruler
  • 4 ride height blocks

What I lack is the time and patiance to do it … which reminds me I should give Plans a call

What about Horizon Andy? They’re a bit closer and have the gear. New premise too I believe.

Ian

What I lack is the time and patiance to do it … which reminds me I should give Plans a call

Let me know if you wanna sell some of your stuff then

ufff… I have huge problem to deside what to go for… The more I read the harder it is to deside… …
I was planning to go for nylatron bushes, but now Im not so sure anymore… Im consider Powerflex polyurethane bushes…I understand that powerflex has the same performance and last longer…? Do anyone here use powerflex??

And which spring do you guys use together with nitron… Eibach??

Joannes

Nitron supply the springs - I’ve just upgraded to 450/550 springs.

You must run your dampers quite soft with those springs?

I’m running Guy’s std for the S1 Exige of 350/425.

Ian

I’ve just upgraded to 450/550 springs.

Is that because you have the extra weight of the Honda? What were you running before?

He’s just getting fat…

He’s just getting fat…

That’s very true

Previously had 325/400, but ended up using the dampers to stiffen the car up on track, rather than letting the dampers “damp”! Will now run the Nitrons on a soft setting, & see how it feels.

Joannes

Nitron supply the springs - I’ve just upgraded to 450/550 springs.

yes… but after to many hours reading on the net … I think I read smt about the Eibach springs was the prefered choise together with Nitron… so I thought you could get the nitron with Eibach springs if you add some �… I could be wrong though…?

Joannes

I think that the springs sold by Nitron are made by Eibach.

He’s just getting fat…

That’s very true

Previously had 325/400, but ended up using the dampers to stiffen the car up on track, rather than letting the dampers “damp”! Will now run the Nitrons on a soft setting, & see how it feels.

Exactly what I’ve done for exactly the same reason - only I went to 400/475 because my dentist is expensive enough and I still havent got the courage to re-set the Nitrons from 14/10 to softer - but will have to try that - if I ever get on track this year again

I went to 400/475 because my dentist is expensive enough

[image]http://www.6thgrade.carr.org/images/Chattering%20Teeth.gif[/image]