Travelodge - Donington 23 Sept

FINAL INSTRUCTIONS:Right! After a number of discussions, we have settled on meeting at 14:00 in the car park of the pub that is situated on the roundabout of the southbound exit of the M6 J21.J21 does not have a large over-the-motorway type roundabout, it has two very small roundabouts, one either side of the motorway, with a bridge between the two. If you are approaching J21 from the north (i.e. travelling south) then the pub entrance is at approximately 4 o’clock off the roundabout that you arrive at. If you are approaching J21 from the south (i.e. travelling north) then you need to turn right at the roundabout that you arrive at in order to cross over the motorway to get to the roundabout with the pub on it; the entrance to the pub is at approximately 7 o’clock off this second roundabout.The roundabouts are too small to park on, and we now have too many cars to meet at my place, hence the slight change of plan.I look forwards to seeing you all there tomorrow, and the rest of you tomorrow night / Monday. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]

CONFUSED ?..You will be I trust the meeting place is J21 M6 2PMPesky…funny you should mention “the better half” as Ive not actually mentioned it yet…I think the easiest thing to do would be to tell her tomorrow morning that I’m just nipping out for the papers…the fact that I omitted to say from where and for which day is just a minor technicality

quote:Originally posted by Maverick:Pesky…funny you should mention “the better half” as Ive not actually mentioned it yet…I think the easiest thing to do would be to tell her tomorrow morning that I’m just nipping out for the papers…the fact that I omitted to say from where and for which day is just a minor technicalityTo a well known tune: Who’s in the dog house? Woof! Woof! W-Woof! [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]

All you guys meeting in Chesterfield - suggest a route for you that is partly my route to work. It will take you a little out of your way but you should get from Chesterfield to Ashbourne in approx 35 minutes (easy), then 40 minutes to Donny. Come out of Chesterfield heading for Matlock on the A632.Turn Right on to the B5057 at the top of the long climb out of Chesterfield. Head for Rowsley. (Right on a blind bend with a crossroads, then straight on - but its actually a left turn at a wierd junction)In Rowsley head for Bakewell on the A6After 1.2 miles on the A6 turn left on to the B5056 & follow signs for ashbourne. This stretch of road (about 12 miles) is fantastic! The B5056 joins the A515 at a tee, and follow signs for Ashbourne.Leave Ashbourne on the A515 heading South to Clifton, Sudbury & eventually the A50.Form here it’s straight out towards the M1 & Donny is signposted from there…J

Thanks for the tip Jason, although I’m afraid that by the time of your post we were already at the Donnington Travelodge. I’ll look your route up next time I need to go that way (for the next exiges.com meet maybe?!). [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]