Toe links - which kit recommended

I haven’t looked to see how thick the metal is that the rivets go into, but i would have thought it would be to thin to tap a thread in it.

I’d have to agree - the metal is too thin to rely on just tappng it

Doesn’t the Exige sub frame already have threaded holes to accept the bracket?
I’m pretty sure it does.

I haven’t looked to see how thick the metal is that the rivets go into, but i would have thought it would be to thin to tap a thread in it.

Indeed it does.

Exiges have captive nuts already in the subframe ready for the brackets so it makes sense to use those

Might sound a stupid question - but where exactly are the captive nuts?

Just where they should be for the toe link bracket … assuming you have the right bracket

Glad to see I’m completely mad then

Please keep in mind… Stainless steel bolts (I mean the ones holding the actual toe-links) are relatively weak.

To give you an idea… I’ve helped someone out after the last Zandvoort trackday. He was complaining about a strange feeling in the rear. When I undid his toe link, I found the bolt to be completely stretched.

I’m not a fan of replacing suspension bolts with lower grade bolts. Stainless steel might be nice and shiny but it’s got a different characteristic then the original bolts, so you’re simply taking a risk!

Try a search on ‘toe-link’ going back over several years, there was much discussion on this a while back.

Ian