This winter

Just minor tinkerings this winter.

Put the 2 pots on the rear

Zircotec my U-bend and polish up the box

New air intake:

I also decised to rubber foam seal the side pods. It just struck me as silly that the air into them could just as well escape out the sides as go into the engine bay (anal, I know)

Nice i/c cowling
Did you make that yourself or could I get one made too?

would zircotech do as much as wrapping them with the reflectagold stuff?

I thought the ceramic stuff was for containing heat, the reflecting stuff might help reject more?

T

What air intake kit is that?

[quote=scoob]Nice i/c cowling
Did you make that yourself or could I get one made too? [/quote]

The I/C shround is welded onto the I/C and made bt MMG

[quote=Muu]would zircotech do as much as wrapping them with the reflectagold stuff?

I thought the ceramic stuff was for containing heat, the reflecting stuff might help reject more?

T [/quote]
It is to contain heat as the U-bend coms quite close to the plastic of the wheel arch liner ( which I could cut away) and also the clam. It does glow red hot down there so heat containment an issue. I’ve used heat wrap before but it gets brittle and needs replacing.

As I don’t need a MAP sensor with the SSC ECU I can basically run a 3" ali pipe to the intake with as big a K+N filter as required. I asked how SSC do it, they told me and I spent �50 on it as opposed to however much their kit is.

[quote=661][quote=scoob]Nice i/c cowling

The I/C shround is welded onto the I/C and made bt MMG[/quote]

Hmmmm… not sure I’d be happy with one welded on…might need to remove the odd sparrow from the face of the i/c
Recon I’ll have a go myself…got a spare cowl

[quote=scoob][quote=661][quote=scoob]Nice i/c cowling

Hmmmm… not sure I’d be happy with one welded on…might need to remove the odd sparrow from the face of the i/c
Recon I’ll have a go myself…got a spare cowl [/quote]
It’s only the shroud, the OEM black plastic concetina gasket still comes off that and even I could get both hands,if not a head , into that. No sparrows thus far

[quote=661][quote=Muu]would zircotech do as much as wrapping them with the reflectagold stuff?

T [/quote]
It is to contain heat as the U-bend coms quite close to the plastic of the wheel arch liner ( which I could cut away) and also the clam. It does glow red hot down there so heat containment an issue. I’ve used heat wrap before but it gets brittle and needs replacing. [/quote]

ah sorry that U bend, thought you meant the ones the IC

Where did you get the pipe and which filter? I want to move mine further into the side scoop without spending a fortune. I already have a pipe with the MAF in it so I will just connect it to that.

The K+N filter is ref RF-1039. The pipe is any Aluminum 3" pipe with a 30 degree mandrel bend. This is actually an odd angle and I eventually ordered mine from the States. It was still dirt cheap even with postage

[quote=661][quote=scoob][quote=661][quote=scoob]Nice i/c cowling

Recon I’ll have a go myself…got a spare cowl [/quote]
It’s only the shroud, the OEM black plastic concetina gasket still comes off that and even I could get both hands,if not a head , into that. No sparrows thus far
[/quote] DOH! sorry 661, of course, the concetina comes off…I’m an idiot!

Managed to get the 315s on the front without moving the weights and the front 308s are now on the back

The silencer has had a polish, Zircotec’d the U-bend and got a repackable silenced decat

looks very good, can we have a pic of the rear brakes with the wheel on?

I’m out on the piss for 2 days… Thereafter I’m all yours

I’m out on the piss for 2 days… Thereafter I’m all yours [/quote]

…now there’s something you’re proper good at :smiley:

There you go Ade

and thanks for the endorsement M. Renard

[quote=jonnyfox]
I’m out on the piss for 2 days… Thereafter I’m all yours [/quote]

…now there’s something you’re proper good at :smiley:
JF … you’re a naughty boy !

This is the second time I’ve left Goodwood this way in a few months.
Odd one this time. The slave cylinder fell off the gearbox mounting and so I was clutchless ( like Mr Fox’s favourite pants)
One of the bolts had worked its way out and the other bent so the actuation rod went off at an angle.
Hopefully not too much damage to the threads in the box.