The nicest Exige S1 in the world ? maybe !

Hi Guys,

I’ve been looking for an Exige S1 with no rust for a long time (hard to believe with a 13 years old Lotus but I found one ! Yes no rust on the wishbones, no rust in the engine bay area, my car has never seen the rain and has never been driven on salted UK road ! and this car has never been accidented of course.

Full service history. Original LHD. 22 000 Kms. Some very and unique options (3 parts BBS wheels, dampers to open the engine cover…)

after that I worked hours and hours on this car to make it perfect. Here is the result now (almost finished has I have to work on the interior) but today was a sunny day so I took this opportunity to take some pictures.

More pictures of the making of on my website : http://www.lmsc.info/lotus/exceptionnelle-exige-s1!-578.html

Put that car in a museum and run a shed !
Will be worth a fortune in time …

Hi Emanuel - lovely car :sunglasses:

Would be great to meet up again - next time I’m in France I’ll phone you.

I need to wash my car!!

Very nice, i like its stable buddy as well…

Looks very nice :smiley:
Bet the aircon still doesn’t work though :wink:

Beautiful machine mate!

Very nice indeed! :sunglasses:

Thanks for the links…

It seems a ‘non OEM’ colour scheme is actually quite ok!!! :slight_smile:

So much niceness, including the clean garage!

that looks just stunning… beautifull…

i know i man who can tarmac your drive as well… :slight_smile:

Very nice. All the best ones are red you know!

very cool

Mmmmmmm

Very nice brace of Loti you have there :sunglasses:

:blush:

[quote=Lienj17]and no hardtop, it is well known that the twist frame with time!
[/quote]

That is complete bollox mate. The roof on an S1 does absolutely ZERO for structural rigidity.

Is it an original Exige S1???

Not doubting you at all but would be neat to know the chassis number BTW?

No rear spoiler? BBS wheels? Roof?

Yes, as Sean says, the roof just sits on… and squeaks !!! Nothing added to the chassis stiffness at all! :smiley:

:smiley:

Be interesting to see that info. Seeing as the roof is held on by 2 very small clips at the rear, sandwiches the front screen surround and then sits on the rear roll bar, I’m struggling to see the improvement in chassis stiffness. Body work I can see being stiffer though.

If I were an Elise owner, I would be slightly concerned if this turns out to be true!!

:sunglasses:

Is April the 1st today ?

:slight_smile: