The Dave and Simon Show, here 7 days a week.

Do you ever wish Eastenders was more car orientated??? All the tension and drama but based on the engine in the back of your car, well it’s arrived!!!

Welcome to the

Dave and Simon Show

Follow the story as it happens live here on exiges.com

I suppose, living in the UK, you lads can open a window and hear them going at it. Sorry for that for your sakes.

I’m not sure I could stomach watching the omnibus edition.

We should enter them as a team on scrapheap challenge, Simon Scuffam as the third member? Now that would be worth watching.

We should enter them as a team on scrapheap challenge, Simon Scuffam as the third member? Now that would be worth watching.

PMSL

Now there’s an idea!

What a “well balanced” group that would be!!! lol

Well I guess were still awaiting the arrival of the stars, hopefully this thread will allow other threads to run with out them going off subject!!! If Dave and Simon start having a ding dong then they can continue on here and the other threads can run without interruption.

Bloody good point Fluffy. You can lead a horse to water… and all that!

Anyway, do you fancy meeting up at Willen Lake next month? DVAs got a bloke coming down for a 2 day conversion job and its sort of inspired a meet on the 17th July. I can ask Zoe if she wants to come along see your big organ

BC

Yep i’d love to turn up as long as work doesn’t send me off somewhere. Missed the other meet you arranged because of that. Keep me posted. Would be nice to catch up with the lovely Zoe too!!!

We should enter them as a team on scrapheap challenge…

Filmed less than half a mile from me (and it’s a nice area, you should’ve heard the fuss the parish council kicked up! Wanted all the scrap brought in under cover of darkness! ). Want me to pop down and enquire?!

On a more serious note, I am getting tired of it all. Having returned from a weeks hol, it seems to me that about three-quarters of the posts (and more than that in text!) have been between the two. I don’t want either banned, as they’re knowledge is of great value, but I think we’ve all probably got enough info to make up my own mind on the ‘situation’.

SUGGESTION - I’d like neither of them to mention other companies negatively by name. Discuss (or ignore and return to the humour ).

Ian

Speaking of Scrapheap Challenge, it reminded me…
I�ve always wondered about Steve Green�s Avatar, is it a screenshot of him competing in the show?

David

Eeek…

Ian, I dont think I have mentioned other companies negatively…

Dave

Eeek…

Ian, I dont think I have mentioned other companies negatively…

Dave

No he hasn’t, it was that other bloke who did.

Bernard

He just doesnt get it though.

Just about everything he has posted on these latest threads that has been aimed at me has been rubbish, furthermore a lot of it has been proven to be rubbish, yet still he persists.

I am off on my hols now…

Dave

I don’t have time to even read these sagas - how on earth they have time to write it AND build engines defies my understanding…

Mike

since a lot of it reflects on my business I have to respond, if you look at some of the posting times you will see where the time comes from.

Personally I would prefer a quieter life just responding to questions :slight_smile:)

Dave

Well, it’s one reputation against the other so both of them are trying to clarify things.

But Dave, not trying to get in an argument with you, but:

He just doesnt get it though.

Just about everything he has posted on these latest threads that has been aimed at me has been rubbish, furthermore a lot of it has been proven to be rubbish, yet still he persists.

I am off on my hols now…

Dave

Saying that he’s saying rubbish is not the same as proving it.
He has questioned a few of the things you say and do, and you seem to believe posting that it’s not true, that other people say this or that (because you called them and they told you), and that he shot himself in the foot… does not automatically clarify things for us spectators.

You seem to be very happy pointing out what the truth should be, when he is basically saying that you’re not speaking the truth.
Of course, some of your old friends will automatically believe you and post accordingly.

We would need to call the third parties to personally check everything and report. But your recent calls certainly would have been worded in a way to be favourable to you (human nature) so they wouldn’t welcome calls from either Simon or anybody else, right?

My point is: you can’t say he’s saying rubbish just because you say so.

I agree

I agree

You seem to have missed the whole point. Simon talks about doing big power K series engines and Dave actually does them.

Bernard

Nope, take a step back.
This whole thing started by Simon talking about how to build a reliable K and how tuners were building problems into the engine. He then mentioned how a K could easily live with 220BHP/160ft/lbs and not fail.

Simon was then challenged to build such an engine and now he’s building them.
Remember he’s not making a living out of this. I don’t know what he�s going to do with the information after he�s proved that it can be done.

I never understood why he was met with such rejection, unless it was that people were offended by some new guy pointing them which mistakes they had made.
Is it a pride thing?

Anyway, now Simon is bringing new information that uncover many details and failures DVA has had. Dave says it�s not true and that we should believe him.
Should we?

I don�t doubt that many can build powerful engines, but Simon�s point has always been of reliability. Don�t forget that.
THAT is the point.