Supercharging S2

Anyone tried the Bemani or other supercharger ?
I very much want one for my Exige !

I very much want one for my Exige ! [/quote]

Don’t we all!!

I think its going to be race to get one! (I’m waiting for the Lotus one…I hope ).

I’ve started saving my beer tokens
A nice holiday in Switzerland is my back up if Lotus sc does not turn up.

I would like to see some more pics of the swiss one…How’s it mounted etc
http://www.bemani.ch/english/home_en.htm

Take a look…
http://www.exiges.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=44625&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

My dealer was confident it was only a matter of time. Feel bad for 240 owners it would piss me off if I had just bought a 240.

I hope the price is reasonable say 2500-3500, then add Ohlins (2500) and oil thingy and you would get near the 7-8k price mark I heard being branded about.
Would be gutted if Sc only was 6-7k…
Fingers crossed!

Thats just the way business is, they see an opening in the market and push it. They could have made 10 times the amount of 240’s and sold them no problems, however it will probably be far more profitable for them to sell the kits to existing owners as a mod.

I would expect to see very little change from 5k.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if they have to decrease the combustion ratio when fitting the S/C ?

I believe they did not and thats why they limited the boost to 5/6psi.

They could have made 10 times the amount of 240’s and sold them no problems

Really?? That’d be more than twice as many as all the S1s on British roads?! I didn’t think the market had picked up that much.

Ian

My bet is that Lotus will release a regular supercharged Exige towards the end of the year, but without the Ohlins and the other tasty extras the 240R has to keep the price down. Not sure about an aftermarket conversion kit - would be nice, but hard to see it costing less than 5 or 6k fitted as presumably the engine will have to come out. Here’s hoping it will be less though…

Mark

Anything close to �40k would be a lot of dough for a little two seater sports car.

Ian

They could have made 10 times the amount of 240’s and sold them no problems

Really?? That’d be more than twice as many as all the S1s on British roads?! I didn’t think the market had picked up that much.

Ian

They only made a total of 250 lotus elise S1? Surely not, they make more lambo’s that that in 6 months.

I personally know of 2 people who had there name down waiting for cancelled orders that are not even on these boards. I bet evrey dealer in the country had at least one customer waiting on that list considering the order books were full in the first few hrs.

I would imagine IDG is referring to the number of Exige S1’s on British roads

Being Exiges.com and all

250 S1 EXIGES! Less than that actually. They had those sitting around to months too.

Have these unlucky people rung Lotus Motorsport and asked them to ‘create’ a 240R spec car for them? My understanding is that they’ll do what you want. After all, all the 240R is is an Exige off the production line taken in to Lotus Motorsport and tweeked.

Ian

its got to be easier for Lotus to sell it in kit form over a new car with sc? is that not why they only did 50 240s?

Think you find people are already getting Exiges converted with the “240R” kit … exact as IDG sayes …

Andy,

Not sure about that, but those people who bought Exige Cup cars can buy the Supercharger, I don’t think Lotus are selling it for normal Exiges yet.

I got some interesting news from an informed source, he suggested that the sc would appear as an option for all new Exiges in March next year. Followed by a the kit, mid summer. It apparently would take the best part of 2 days to fit and cost in the ball park of 7K including the Accusump??? kit. Ouch!

Yes…I’ve heard the same thing from my Lotus dealer! It sounds like it would be cheaper to buy a new exige next year with the factory SC option fitted than to just buy the kit and have it fitted after

Why would factory option be much cheaper? They still have to take a standard car over to lotus motorsport and fit the SC to it.