Still for sale

Whats wrong with this car ? (apart from the interior )

Whats wrong with this car ? (apart from the interior )

All I can say is that its done 35,000 miles and it looks like its 35,000 very hard miles…the car just looked rough!

When I viewed it the car was filthy inside and out and that puts me off straight away, surely youd valet it if you had people coming to look at it…just makes me think that its owned by someone who doesnt really take any pride in his car…and then whats the engine going to be like!

At �16K it’s got to be ideal for a conversion, when the VHPD gives up the ghost. Provided the car’s not been pranged,it should be an easy job to get it spick & span (both inside & out), take it on track & learn how good these cars are when used properly.

Someone on MLOC has been asking about this one for a mate. Is it worth a look for �16k though, even if it is a bit rough?

Someone on MLOC has been asking about this one for a mate. Is it worth a look for �16k though, even if it is a bit rough?

Only he will know if it’s worth looking at (depending upon the intended use) - & until he does, he’ll never know if it’s suitable for him. Doesn’t look rough in the photos though, does it? Presumably it’s been re-sprayed where required, but is that a good or a bad thing???

How do you know it sold Pesky…have YOU bought it?

Pesky…your post has disappeared!

Looked at the advert on Ebay at the start of this thread, then realised that “that” auction ended in June http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOTUS-EXIGE-SI-2001-Yreg_W0QQitemZ4645896705QQcategoryZ43114QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looked at the advert on Ebay at the start of this thread, then realised that “that” auction ended in June > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOTUS-EXIGE-SI-2001-Yreg_W0QQitemZ4645896705QQcategoryZ43114QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem >

Wonder why the buyer backed out!

Check his other auctions, hes selling a kit car and a rear wheel dust cap!

As I have said b4 this was for sale when I bought mine over 18months ago. It’s been for sale in various places for all that time AFAIC

Doesn’t look rough in the photos though, does it? Presumably it’s been re-sprayed where required, but is that a good or a bad thing???

I thought it looked in excellent condition from the photos - I would envy a front end like that!

Respraying a car is usually a bad thing, especially changing its colour…but only from a resale point of view - not that I have ever really understood that myself and i would definitely hope that it did not apply to the Exige market, which by definition is a particularly niche one.

(passed a Dynorod transit on the road today and could not stop chuckling thinking what an Exige would look like in those colours.)

Doesn’t look rough in the photos though, does it? Presumably it’s been re-sprayed where required, but is that a good or a bad thing???

I thought it looked in excellent condition from the photos - I would envy a front end like that!

Respraying a car is usually a bad thing, especially changing its colour…but only from a resale point of view - not that I have ever really understood that myself and i would definitely hope that it did not apply to the Exige market, which by definition is a particularly niche one.

(passed a Dynorod transit on the road today and could not stop chuckling thinking what an Exige would look like in those colours.)

Dont believe anything you see in photos…I drove from Newcastle to Dover to view a mint Ford Capri 3.0s, I even had 24 photos of it…I was there 90 seconds…it was utter shite, just proves that pictures DO actually lie!

Just noticed this one for sale at �15000. Look at the bodywork on that!

web page

web page >

This is how it looked a couple of months ago!
Oops!

Fancy ariel too - bet he can get Radio Luxemburg on his wireless with that

Anyone any idea of what the level of damage was/is beyond the obvious from the pictures?

Unkle P. Stop showing your age. Bloody wireless indeed. Is that on the sideboard next to your Gramophone?

Fancy ariel too - bet he can get Radio Luxemburg on his wireless with that

Would imagine it will cause a bit of drag though!!!

More like Radio Bangladesh!

web page >

This is how it looked a couple of months ago!
Oops! >

Its for sale on the Seloc website…interesting that in his description he doesnt mention the incident with the fence!

P.S. How do you know its the same one, the number plate is different?

P.S. How do you know its the same one, the number plate is different?

This is the owner’s post on Seloc about the “incident” SELOC Forums